Back up carry handgun?

Thanks Pop! I was really looking for a S&W 66 but they were running $100 - $150 more and all your getting is adjustable sights. This one has had the action worked on and the trigger pull in double and single action is a dream.

Guy was from Memphis and said it had been a safe queen for years. :wink: By the looks of her I think he was telling the truth. My good friend liked it so much he bought one just like it but a 65-4 for $325 last moth on CDNN.

TScottW99

Very nice, congratulations.
Have you had a chance to shoot her yet?

JD338

Yes. I have not started reloading for her though, need to buy some dies, bullets and such.

Right now I have been shooting Remington UMC 125 grain JSP, some Winchester .38special 130 grain FMJ and some Federal 158 grain JSP. The most accurate by far is the 125 grain JSP.

Had to actually use her this deer season to put an injured deer down, 20 yards right in the neck where I was aiming.

Thinking about getting some 158 grain Noslers and some Hornady XTPs to try in her when I start reloading.

I like the Hornady XTP bullets, I have shot them in my 44 MAag.
If I recall, Hornady had a white paper on the XTP, benifits of their design.

JD338

I am eyeballing a SW 629...............

Hey POP, you might want to look at what Taurus has to offer. My woods carry gun is a Taurus M44 (44mag 6 shot). I use to carry a Vaquero, but its weight was on the hefty side. The M44 has a 4in, ported barrell, and fairly light. Also, the Taurus Tracker is a little lighter with a 5 shot. And the price isnt that bad. I know a lot of people badmouth Taurus, but I have NEVER had a problem with mine, and wouldnt hesitate to purchase another one...My load is a stout load of H110, with 240gr hardcast for the first 4, then the next 2 in the cylinder is again a stout load of H110 with 300gr hardcast. I figure if I havent hit was is going to eat me with the first 4 240gr'ers, the last 2 will come at close range with the 300gr'ers.

Back