Ballistic Tip and Accubond - same bullet path?

CO,

BT's and AB's of the same caliber and weight have a different Ballistic Coefficient (BC) so they will have a slightly different trajectary. My guess that within 300 yds, there would be no signifigent difference where they impact.

What are you shooting?

Regards,

JD338

As far as I can tell the BC's are the same for the two bullets in all calibers but the .270.

I love the BT's for shooting at the range but would prefer the AB for hunting where cost is not an issue.

If the two bullets had the same zero life would be easy :grin:

The AB BC is slightly higher than the corresponding BT bullet.

In a BT or AB in the same weight, the AB has a slightly higher BC, so your point of impact will vary slightly. At 100 yards it will be so slight.

If you post a velocity or a load we can give you a better answer.

What are the BCs for the 180 g and 150 g 30 cal AccuBonds? On your website it shows them to have the same BCs as the BTs.

If you measure the length of a Ballistic Tip and the corresponding AccuBond, you will find the AccuBond is a bit longer in every case. This is due, according to Nosler, to a slightly heavier gilding metal jacket. This in turn, will increase the BC slightly. As has been stated, probably not enough to worry about inside of 300 meters, but nevertheless is different. Regards, Eagleye.

Back