Ballistic tip bullet

Let's say you have a pretty good stash of 125 grain .308 Accubonds for a slight of build female to use in a 308 Win for deer. And if accuracy is equal between the AB and the BT, would there be an advantage in moving away from the AB and into the BT, aside from the cost savings?
Asking for a friend.. :roll: :lol:

hunter24605":38b1ug5n said:
Let's say you have a pretty good stash of 125 grain .308 Accubonds for a slight of build female to use in a 308 Win for deer. And if accuracy is equal between the AB and the BT, would there be an advantage in moving away from the AB and into the BT, aside from the cost savings?
Asking for a friend.. :roll: :lol:

Either or! I used the 125 Sierra’s in a 308 then the BT. None of them stayed in Northern sized deer. The AccuBond would just be more of a good thing.

Back in the mid 90's the BT was pretty soft. I used the 180 NBT in a 300WM on antelope/mule deer and the damage was awesome! A couple years later, I took a 308 and dropped down to the 165 ( they were still soft then, not beefed up) but the 165 had "less soft lead" in the much shorter "nose section" than the 180. The 150 would have worked fine too, just because the bullet would wad up quick against the beefed up BT jacket heel. Now, since they have beefed them up, I think they are awesome, all around hunting bullets. I am far gone Barnes TTSX guy, but I also love the Noslers next, over everything else.

PS I do think I will stick with the Partitions ( small deer/antelope) in my next 300 mag though. I have some soft Hornady SSTs for "spectacular" coyote kills, ha.

The 165 BT in my 30-06 has been deadly medicine for whitetails over the years. One shot kills were the norm. It was chronographed at 2833 fps from a 22" barrel. I since have jumped up to the 180 BT
with the same great results. My 180 is 2788 fps. The bullet is very accurate and deadly.

Don

Back