Ballistics 243 105 amax, 25-06 117 sst

I too think it's entertaining..... and quite comical to watch folks switch gears and invent straw-men.... because they have quite limited knowledge of the subject.

I don't claim to be an accomplished hunter.... but I've shot my share of critters.... and everything I've shot, wasn't that tough to kill (unless it was already on alert). I've never needed a Partition.... in fact, I can count the number of ballistic tips I've recovered from game on 2 fingers. I'm not telling anyone what bullet to shoot.... look at my posts, I've picked on no ones choice of bullet..... though mine has been attacked with the kind of uninformed rumor-ridden vitriolic hatred typically reserved only for the Bush family.

I apologize for being flippant, and meant to attack no one personally (yet, I will fire for range to make a point on occasion).... it chaps my hide to see wive's tales and speculation take the place of empirical evidence.

A guy could shoot 500 deer with a Partition..... and none with any other bullet. When it comes to experience..... he has none with anything but a Partition. He can expound on the performance of the Partition across the board.... to him I listen (if I'm so inclined to shoot a bullet of that ilk). He can extrapolate, and speculate on another bullet.... but he cannot speak with any level of certainty about the performance of ANY other bullet. I have shot game with both calibers in question.... most of the bullets in question..... and it's not a sample of one. Yet, I'm supposed to throw in the towel to the general opinion of a group, who's sum total of game killed with the bullet in question can be counted on one hand? That, is the internet at it's finest.

Look.... whatever, you shoot what you want..... I don't care. But, if you're going to speak poorly against a bullet.... do it with evidence.... not speculation. This is why I never talk poorly of the Partition.... I've never shot one at game. I will comment on it's poor external ballistic qualities (I have some experience there).... but I'd never discourage a guy from shooting one. Why? Because I haven't shot one at fur....

rjm158":2j358mhq said:
Sorry, JD, didn't mean to be redundant. I hit the submit button without seeing your post first.

Ron

No worries Ron.

JD338

CatskillCrawler":33tu0f8x said:
usmc 89":33tu0f8x said:
nevermind, LONG LIVE THE KING!

Bernardo?
no it was just what came to mind after being faced with pure brilliance. I am sure brian litz has that boy on speed dial. oh yeah the william f buckley attempt was nice as well.

Now, back to real gun talk.. How about them 90 grain AB's! When is somebody going to shoot some of them..

RiverRider":1v9nu8a0 said:
ASAP, Scotty...ASAP!

Nothing yet! Another day has come and gone for me! Maybe I will see something when I get up in the morning! :lol:

I will have alot of catching up to do I think. You guys got a good headstart on me I think!

Scotty,

Stay tuned, there is a water jug bullet catch coming real soon.

JD338

I saw it and oh man, that is AWESOME! I have ran the numbers, and have 300 of them headed to my house for loading in my son's 243. I think that will make one super load. I believe it is going to give the 95 BT/100PT a run for its money. It sits in the perfect place for normal hunting with the 6mm's. If I need more than that, well, I have others. Hope the boy or me is able to make it work this year. Might even be able to get one of my son's friends to hunt this year with it... That would be cool. I am not sure the boy will want to give up his 7x57 right away!

Back