Barnes lrx??

ldg397

Handloader
Sep 27, 2007
Anyone tried out the 7mm 168 grain lrx yet?? I have been shooting factory ammo out of my 7 since 150bt federal premium shoots so well ever since I got it bedded in a mcswirly. Now I am ready to try for better.

I've shot several iterations of the LRX, but none in a 7mm cartridge. I can't see that the extra cost is justified at this point. For me, I like the TSX and the TTSX, but can't see that the LRX confers any particular advantage.

That is kind of what I was thinking. May start out with 150 grain ttsx since it already shoots the 150 BT so well.

So far the only LRX that I have tried has been the 145 gr in my 280 Rem. And I've only tried a couple of powders. Not great, but showed some promise. Need to work with them some more, and try some seating depth adjustment. Would like to check performance on game.

Would like to try the 168 gr LRX in my 7MM STW though. Should be interesting!

I've got first loads of the 200gr LRX done for Dad's 300 Weatherby, but we need time to get out and shoot. Hopefully next week on my "stay-cation."

Dr. Vette":3es74xqj said:
I've got first loads of the 200gr LRX done for Dad's 300 Weatherby, but we need time to get out and shoot. Hopefully next week on my "stay-cation."

DR. what have you been using for powder and primer and seating depth with the 200gr LRX in the 300wby? i have loaded up a few and have a great load with RL22, 215gm primers seated at 3.565" max mag length in my rifle. speed was av 2965fps.

They shoot really good in my custom 300 RUM. Took a bull bison with one shot back in February and was able to recover the bullet. Perfect X.

Back