Bass Pro just bought Sportsman's Warehouse

clearwater

Handloader
Feb 5, 2005
Cabelas has had meager reloading supplies since Bass Pro bought them. (None now) . Sportsman's always had better prices and quantity. Looks like thats about to end too. Sad. The little independent shops have gone out of business around here or quite stocking much.

When it came to the big box stores I always went to Cabela’s first then Sportsman’s Warehouse. In my area all three were fairly close together. They closed the Cabela’s and I expect they will do the same to Sportsman’s Warehouse too, leaving little choice around here.

Bruce

Well- Thsts to bad, around here BPS didnt get the message anyway IMHO. Just down the road from Federal and Lund boats and last fall you couldnt find either one at the local cabelas/ BPS. Will go to the Gunstop, fleet farm, Runnings or Cappra's. Sportsmans was good for some things but ridiculous on ammo prices around here, after they reorganized any way.

https://www.gunstop.com/

https://caprasoutdoors.com/

Ugh. Just found a sportsman’s warehouse... and it’s 15 miles from a big bass pro. We have a “ cabela’s lite “. Aka Cabelas outpost.
25% of the inventory of a real Cabelas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bummer, now the stores will be filled with bass fishing equipment, and 2nd rate gear, little of which was designed for those of us who hunt out west.

I’m just glad we’ll be able to buy bass fishing stuff in Alaska. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salmonchaser":1hwo5x72 said:
I’m just glad we’ll be able to buy bass fishing stuff in Alaska. Awesome.

The humpies will bite anything. Hahaha.

Well that sucks. I started going to SW after cabelas got bought and they stopped carrying everything. Darn.

Our Local SW has an empty parking lot since they have no inventory. My guess is to be closed down by end of '21

I haven't made it to our Sportsman Warehouse since they bought out the Fid and Stream. It is 40 miles away and Bass Pro and Cabelas are closer. I did notice from looking at their website that they did carry some better quality merchandise.. Bass Pro never really amazed me. Cabelas was great when the Hamburg, PA store first opened but since the take over kind of sucks. The real same is that the local gun shop/ outdoor shop is clearing out its boot and clothing because it can't keep up with Bass Pro/Cabelas pricing. Around here many guys purchase based on price and not quality. Their gun business is doing well but I have noticed that they reduced the number of styles of guns they stock. Their Savage line consists of the Axis and Precision rifle and the rimfire lines. No more model 10/110. Ruger is the same way.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

whit":jrt984xd said:
I haven't made it to our Sportsman Warehouse since they bought out the Fid and Stream. It is 40 miles away and Bass Pro and Cabelas are closer. I did notice from looking at their website that they did carry some better quality merchandise.. Bass Pro never really amazed me. Cabelas was great when the Hamburg, PA store first opened but since the take over kind of sucks. The real same is that the local gun shop/ outdoor shop is clearing out its boot and clothing because it can't keep up with Bass Pro/Cabelas pricing. Around here many guys purchase based on price and not quality. Their gun business is doing well but I have noticed that they reduced the number of styles of guns they stock. Their Savage line consists of the Axis and Precision rifle and the rimfire lines. No more model 10/110. Ruger is the same way. Agree with you on the Hamburg store.

This smacks of a monopoly. Time for Uncle to step in and break them up. Should not have been allowed in the first place. The only competition is part of a different market, not real competition.

Maybe Bass Pro would keep Sportsman Warehouse as a higher quality store. If you want Cruspi or Kenetrek, Sitka or Kuiu, etc go to Sportsman but if you are happy with the Chinese shit, go to Bass Pro. But I really doubt that would happen.

They ruined Cabelas so I don't see them doing anything different with Sportsmans Warehouse. Jack the price up on guns and peddle their garbage RedHead brand.

I liked our local Sportsman's Warehouse.

About the only thing I can do is to no longer patronize them. No problem.

Our local Sportsman's was pretty good. Cabela and Bass Pro are a long way away down in Anchorage along with 2 SWs. That'll be awkward...that's a lot of real estate for selling sporting goods.

Bass Pro bought Cabela's for their bank so they can make money financing their customer's junk. Sear's tried that, and is dying a slow death.

The bad part is, SW barges up a lot of reloading stuff in quantity. I can't ship powder and primers up here in small quantity and rely on a bigger store to have a good selection...SW is the only big store in Fairbanks.

I’m guessing no, but if I drive through Canada next summer could I bring powder to you?

Back