Bass Pro just bought Sportsman's Warehouse

Juneau has a Sportmans. I never can understand why. There are more employees in there than customers at just about any given time. The selection of reloading components is pretty good, but there was a local old timer with a store there for years with a better selection. He was a crooked old bugger and his prices were on the high side but he had a lot of stuff. Sportmans played a hand in taking him out but mostly he did it to himself.

It’s coming up on the end of a very expensive 3 year lease. I suspect they will pull out. I’ve taken Johnny Morris fishing, he’s just a good ol boy. But I don’t think his bean counters are.

SW was the only big box store I'd enter for reloading supplies, etc. Not hopeful given this news.

Just another form of censorship? Buy up all the competition and shut off the valve of supply?
Sounds like ALOT like facebook........ or Germany
In late 30's doesn't it.

35 Whelen":1wekwjmc said:
Just another form of censorship? Buy up all the competition and shut off the valve of supply?
Sounds like ALOT like facebook........ or Germany
In late 30's doesn't it.

I don’t know. A lot of people just call it good old American capitalism.

I know this is an old post, but I seems that in December 2021 they called off the merger because the FTC wouldn't have approved it!

I was happy when I was told this at our local Sportsman's Warehouse. The buy out of Cabela's turn out local Cabela's into a clothing store that sells some hunting, camping products.

Back