Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hornady

• Federal

• Winchester

• Total voters
I have not tried the Nosler yet although I have heard great things.

I love Lapua, Norma.

Lapua. Hands down favorite of many match shooters. Doggone stuff is remarkable.

Haven't tried Noslers yet, but Lapua beats everything else I've tried...

I am very impressed with the Nosler brass. I have 280 AI and it is very nice. I plan on switching over as my current calibers become available from Nosler.

Need 338 RUM brass.

JD338

I'm just a poor country boy and don't get out much :roll:

I usually use WW that came from the fatory ammo I bought so I would have brass to reload. I've also used Rem and Federal. I don't think I ever did any experiments to determine which worked the best.
Winchester has always served me just fine.

What is Lapua stuff and where does one find it?

OK, I have to know, what makes this brass better/different than any of the other brands?

Weigh 10 of your favorite kind of brass. Weigh 100 lapua cases. That will give you a better idea! Also, they bore the flash hole rather than punch like most everyone else. I resize mine with a redding fl bushing die but you could probably chamfer/deburr the mouths and load for the first time. The tolerance of this brass is about perfect! Down side- Expensive!!

What he said. Consistent brass gives you more consistent loads which usually give you more accurate loads with lower velocity spreads. Of course it is expensive.

Lapua, RWS, Norma in that order. DOmestic brass, I like WW over RP & haven't tried Nosler or Hornady yet, but plan to. Like 340, just wishe Lapua was made in more calibers.

As long as the ammo is accurate enough to kill what I aim at it's satisfactory enough for me I use winchester,remington,federal and 1942/1943 Denver 06 military brass.This is hunting ammo not benchrest competition.If I can place 5 shots in 7/16 of an inch with my sako 06 or 1.5 inch with my sako 300wm that's good enough .

I use Lapua for the most i use Lapua (6mmPPC, 7mm-08) But where there is no Lapua brass i use Norma (22-250, 7mm RM)

Back