best place / location for reloading bench - room

358 WCF":1p1u5v7h said:
No kids at home, so the 3rd bedroom has become my office/library/gunroom. The closet renovated with shelves holds components, a wall of books, a lift chair(this), & a computer desk fill the room.
Wow! I'm still waiting then my kids will grow up to free the same place for me :grin:
@ReloadKy How it goes? It's a great decision anyway, wish you all the best!

My reloading room is in the basement but it is a finished basement, solid poured walls and a dehumidifier running.

Mine is in my finished basement, but its dry here in Utah, so no dampness issues. I am still using Primers from the "Great Bill Clinton Primer Scare" if that tells you anything, ha. Central Air/Heat a must, phooey on a shelf in the unheated/non AC Garage, ugh! lol Have a ball and "cherish" that wife of yours for making provision for your hobby!

My set up is in a shed in the back yards. It has A/C for the hot days which will work for most reloading procedures except for throwing power charges. It can get might hot out there this time of year. In another shed is where I store my powder. I keep it in two refrigerators which are turned on. Not much of a problem with humidity although from 6/15 to 9/15 of the years it's also our monsoon season. Although it's been pretty much drought conditions the last few years this year appears to be promising more rainfall than in the past few years. I've thought about insulating the shed but the thought of ripping out all the shelves, moving the bench out side, not to mention clearing the clutter accumulated over 40 years is just too daunting for words. :roll: I'll just live with the heat while charging cases and get that done. After that I cango with the A/C and have some comfort.
Paul B.

I stole a bedroom in the house, I’m just not cutout for loading with no air conditioning anymore [emoji23]. It gets way to hot and humid in MS for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cleveland48":19fkosbq said:
I stole a bedroom in the house, I’m just not cutout for loading with no air conditioning anymore [emoji23]. It gets way to hot and humid in MS for that.

Same here Pard! Can't stand sweat in my eyes either! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BruceP":1ldomjoi said:
My reloading room is in the basement but it is a finished basement, solid poured walls and a dehumidifier running.

+1 My exact setup

I will move into a house way too big for us with a full basement.
I will have to check if it is dry. It has a large workshop, so this is the obvious option.
But I hab dies rust in another cellar, so I will take a closer look or use a dehumidifier.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

I’m in the Basement that has in floor heat and I have a Dehumidifier for summer. To tell the truth I will not reload shotgun shells in winter when humidity is less that 40% because the powder clings to the powder bottle on my MEC reloader and I get inconsistent powder drops. I prefer humidity 40-50% when Loading shotgun shells.
Rifle and pistol I use a electronic Hornady scale and drop close to desired amount then use powder trickle then use a balance beam to the desired amount.
I like the basement warm in winter cool in summer but in reality it’s just consistent temp within a few degrees.

I’m in the Basement that has in floor heat and I have a Dehumidifier for summer. To tell the truth I will not reload shotgun shells in winter when humidity is less that 40% because the powder clings to the powder bottle on my MEC reloader and I get inconsistent powder drops. I prefer humidity 40-50% when Loading shotgun shells.
Rifle and pistol I use a electronic Hornady scale and drop close to desired amount then use powder trickle then use a balance beam to the desired amount.
I like the basement warm in winter cool in summer but in reality it’s just consistent temp within a few degrees.

Our house is being repainted, with a touch darker tint on the windows frame
we have blackbutt flooring going in.

we are looking at leather lounge suites and some types of furniture like these recliners and table, and are after some advice re color.
We want to keep a bright sunny look, as it is a beach house with a lot of windows and great sea views
We love this choc / brown /blackish lounge, but are thinking it may be too dark, and maybe a cream or white lounge is the way to go ...?

Back