Big Game Powder

highoctane

Beginner
Apr 20, 2018
I have been wanting to try this powder for some time in my 7-08 so I finally got a lb. Loaded up a few different bullets, 140, 150 gr BT's along with 140 gr Nos Part and 140 gr Sierra GK's.

Some of the powder charges resulted in some flat and slightly cratered primers along with some slight extractor marks! Without going into charge weights of the aforementioned bullets I will say BG powder is petty good after I reduced the charges and tried again.

After trying "magnum" primers I also found that "standard" strength primers gave just a tad better groups!!

So far I like the BG powder! Gonna load some up more 140 gr BT's and give it a workout again next week..

I assume no responsibility for anyone that uses posted load!! It's up to you to start low and work up if possible!!

Attachments

• 20190706_160623.jpg
    20190706_160623.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 658
That's a great looking group. I like the ramshot line of powders. May not always get the highest velocity but accuracy is tough to beat.

It meters nicely too. I use it in 3006with 150gn interlocks. Works lights out. Accurate!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ya, that easy flow through the powder measure is nice.

Haven't tried Big Game, but Hunter has worked well from my 30-06 rifle.

Guy

I have used it in 30/06 w great results. Tried it in 22/250 but didn't get as good of groups as with varget. I really like ramshot powders. I like true blue in pistols-9mm, 38 spec, 44 special, 45acp, 45 colt. I run Magnum in my 264 wm. Ramshot powders burn very clean.

Ramshot is providing some great powders. Big Game certainly has a place in the powder cabinet of those loading a variety of cartridges.

Back