Bighorn sheep!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
A buddy of mine managed to snap a couple of photos of these two young bighorn rams while we were shooting at the range yesterday. Pretty neat seeing them. There's quite a few in the area, but I've never seen them at the range before. The shooting down below didn't seem to bother them in the least. Not the greatest photos - but he was about 200 yards away and they're all I've got.

Rangebighorn01.jpg

Rangebighorn02.jpg

Hunting them here is by drawn permit only - and only one permit per hunter in his/her lifetime! I keep putting in for the tag, but would really enjoy just stalking them with a good camera instead.

Regards, Guy

Thats awesome Guy!
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

JD338

Guy,

Good pics !! Getting excited myself. The Division was supposed to post results yesterday ( 30th ) but have now postponed them till the 6th....

Guy
Thanks for sharing. It makes the heart feel glad that we can see animals like that. Good luck on drawing.
Good Drawing
Elkhunt :grin:

I took this last fall in Montana with my Pentax K10D. I was hunting elk with my cousin (a local there)...jim

MTbighorns.jpg

Wow! Nice photo, good country. Sheep are pretty neat - I snapped this photo after closing in on these two rams last summer near the Idaho/Montana border:

Varam01.jpg

Bighorn sheep are fun to watch. Pretty neat critters.

I'm very impressed with the photos I see some folks posting here. I need to get a better camera - seems like I often get into places offering some good photo opportunities - but I don't have much of a camera.

As much as I like being out and about in the great outdoors, I think it would be a hoot to do more wildlife photography.

Regards, Guy

Well,
Results came out at 5p.m. tonight... Looks like I'll be taking pictures of Sheep this year rather than hunting them......Unsucessfull in the drawing.... :(

Back