Binos

nvbroncrider

Handloader
Aug 20, 2011
Well I finally saved up enough money and fell to the dark side and got an awesome pair of binos. Words can't begin to express how impressed I am with them so far. At 830 the sunset and a storm overhead being able to range a telephone pole at 500 M is just flat impressive. Can't wait to have a couple days off to really play with them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    631.4 KB · Views: 1,525
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    754.6 KB · Views: 1,525
Picked up the same RF a month ago, Jake. I am impressed, though I can hardly wait until hunting season to put them through their paces. Man, I believe you're going to love working with those.

I agree Mike they are sweet gotta get the manual out and get everything adjust properly electronically. Once that is done I think they will be really sweet. I really like their low light capabilities.

I can second guess myself from now until forever. One review says these are best; another touts the Zeiss. Yet another is high on the Leica HD-B. I suspect there isn't much difference in any of them. The Leica has a longer range. The Zeiss has less beam divergence. Since I take very few shots over 1000 yards ( :shock: ), I doubt I'll be in bad shape. :grin: I like them. It took about five minutes to get them set up.

Have enjoyed my combo but leave the Bino's at home most of the time as the RF is a 8X and works for me instead of taking both! As if I venture far from my truck anyway! Not much glass around that will compare to Swaro in lowlight! My Z5's have no competition with anything else I own!

I do like the new unit in original post but be aware if it needs repair it has to go to Europe as mine has been back once already!

I have the Zeiss 10x40 bino's but as DrMike said, I do not believe there is much difference between Swaro, Zeiss and Leica's premium optics as far as quality is concerned

Very nice! I really dig them RF's a bunch. I am trying to scratch together some coin to get a Bino/RF set up. Since I moved units I had to turn in the Zeiss RF's so now I am on the hunt. Looking pretty hard at the Leica's, but nothing is out right now. I was entirely happy with the Zeiss RF's.

Nice pick up Jake you might need a tripod mount for them to get them stable as I shake like leaf in a hail storm! I have been known to get up as far as my lungs and legs would carry me with it in Colorado and it's very good if ya can hold it still! You will not regret that purchase unless ya buy a Vextronix!! PLRF!! Which have been discontinued for private sales! From my understanding!

Back