BR-2 primers on Natchez

Starting to become upsetting, it’s making me sick! And they probably will never go back to normal.

I got a brick for $80.00 at my local gun shop a few days before we left, thought that was bad!

Inflation: Can't do anything about it right now, Putin's fault. According to our dementia resident in chief.

I guess he thinks none of us keeps records. Putin didn't invade until 2 months ago.

In 2020 under my President, I paid as low as $1.45/GL for heating oil, high we paid was $1.81. 2021 we bought in Sept for $2.42, we have 2 tanks.....a month later I decided I better fill up completely before it went too high.......in that one month it went up to $2.93. Been going up ever since, but I didn't have to buy anymore.

Asked my heating oil guy over the weekend what the price is now. This past Friday if I'd of had it delivered, price would've been $6.49. More than 4 X what I paid the last yr my President was in office.

We have a large Mennonite owned bulk grocery outlet nearby. Wife keeps records of prices. Just a 1 off example of many.........they buy pasta in bulk and re-package it in 5 lb bags. What they have from their previous supply is .99 a lb. New arrival that they got in and re-packaged is now $2.99 a lb.

Buckle up. Stupid should hurt and have consequences and it's a long ways from over. I'll make it. I wonder if the vast majority of those that Orange man hurt their feeler's so they voted for Biden, will.

I checked to see what 1000 primers would cost to be shipped to me. The final tally was in excess of $20/100 after all fees were applied. If I was in dire need I might consider it but since I'm not........

Ron

I got a brick for $80.00 at my local gun shop a few days before we left, thought that was bad!
in 2020 just before Covid I believe it was Grafs that I bought Federal 215M primers a brick of 5000 for $170 on sale. I really lucked out at the time as I had roughly 2000 rifle primers for stock and sales were going on so I bought as I was starting to ramp up my reloading. Maybe in a year or so prices may come down to $60-70 a 1000 but that will be the new reset price then in 5 or so years we'll likely get another shock up. It seems to be how it goes. I remember when .22lr cost .01 a piece now they are a dime each.

Scalpers on GB are still way higher yet. Sad times we live in now. I wasn’t buying primers 40 years ago but with our record high inflation now of 7-10% something doesn’t add up.

what I paid for primers in the 80's wouldn't cover the tax today . I'm still using these , supplies are getting low though . I wish I'd have bought a bunch more . the large rifle was more than the small rifle , by 20 cents a 1000 .

P5070089.JPG

what I paid for primers in the 80's wouldn't cover the tax today . I'm still using these , supplies are getting low though . I wish I'd have bought a bunch more . the large rifle was more than the small rifle , by 20 cents a 1000 .

View attachment 16726
Those prices on the boxes,,,8.75 a brick? Dang, that is less than a penny per primer.

Those prices on the boxes,,,8.75 a brick? Dang, that is less than a penny per primer.
yes , that was the price per brick . I usually write the price on boxes that don't have a price tag . I'll have to look at the 5000 count primer boxes to see if I did . prices sure have changed .

yes , that was the price per brick . I usually write the price on boxes that don't have a price tag . I'll have to look at the 5000 count primer boxes to see if I did . prices sure have changed .
Ain't that the truth! I suffer acute sticker shock when I do visit my LGS.

Jim, you say those are from the 80's. I have some of the silver/blue bricks of CCI LR that the man I got them from was guessing they were from sometime in the 90's. They have a price tag on them of $12.99. Not sure why, but the man sold me 4 bricks for $12.50 a brick. He named the price. He's buying pistol primers so he's fully aware of the shortage and what current prices are, as he's been paying it. Guess he figured they're old, and he doesn't shoot rifle anymore, so they were never going to get used otherwise. He was happy with the $50, and obviously so was I.

Shadetree , mine were bought 3/85 . you got a deal on the primers for $12.50 . I think the blue /silver box was next , so I'd say yes yours were probably from the 1990's .

I do have 2 boxes of 5000 primers each . if I remember right they call them a flat of primers . look at the price on these . $42.00 was a steep price increase in just 6 months , for 5000 primers . now they are charging the $130 per 1000 . I'm afraid the prices will go down some , but not anywhere near what they were .

P5050283.JPG

P5050284.JPG

Shadetree , mine were bought 3/85 . you got a deal on the primers for $12.50 . I think the blue /silver box was next , so I'd say yes yours were probably from the 1990's .

I do have 2 boxes of 5000 primers each . if I remember right they call them a flat of primers . look at the price on these . $42.00 was a steep price increase in just 6 months , for 5000 primers . now they are charging the $130 per 1000 . I'm afraid the prices will go down some , but not anywhere near what they were .

View attachment 16729

View attachment 16730

Yep. It's gonna be a while. Which is why I kept buying while I could. Had a spot where I could pick up a brick for $57 of the Federal 215M. Had gotten a couple bricks of CCI 250 for $48 from them if I remember correctly. Anyways, once a month for about the last yr I went in and they sold me a brick of primers at those prices. Only spot in the country that I know of that had primers and was selling them at those prices. They didn't advertise it, but they had them.

All total with what I had before, those 4 that I bought cheap, and the ones I bought in the last yr off that shop, I got 18 bricks. With the way things are looking I'd rather have 25-30, but am happy to have 18.

Back