Brace Yourself... New Powder!

I use a lot of CFE in my 223's with 64gr and heavier bullets, and it sure does shine for those "heavies" MY BIL uses it for his 308 Win with good results.

I know there's a lot of people calling Superformance marketing hype, pixie dust, etc. But in my 280 Rem with a 140 AB it's crazy accurate and very fast. But that's about the only time I've found it better than others. It's definitely a niche powder, but like the ad says, "when it works, it really works"

In my limited experience with them, both seem to be happiest near the high end of charge weights.

I have used quite a bit of CFE 223 in my .223 and my 22 Nosler. I have found that I get great accuracy as well as speed in both. Currently using 33 gr. to drive a 55gr NBT @ 3300 fps out of a 20" 22 Nosler AR. Shoots very well, five shot groups in the .5" range are not uncommon. I have taken a pile of yotes with it and find it quite effective. Shot one a few weeks ago @ 460, and then took this one yesterday @ 630. Miss judged the wind just a tad though. Over all, I really like the CFE 223. I don't have any experience with Superformance though.
630 yard Yote.jpg

Guy Miner":1cadpj7m said:
SJB358":1cadpj7m said:
I can’t hardly stand to not try new powders...

I can hardly stand to deviate from what worked the last ten years! :grin:

Funny stuff.

Guy

I wish I had that "problem". I tend to chase every random squirrel that crosses my path. I think it's getting better with age though.

Guy,

Easy there big fella!
Did you break into a cold sweat when you purchased the CFE223 and the Superformance powders?!?
LOL

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

HAWKEYESATX":10j9efri said:
Guy,

Easy there big fella!
Did you break into a cold sweat when you purchased the CFE223 and the Superformance powders?!?
LOL

Yes. It was pretty scary, but the new powders were accepted into my gun room with wonderment by the old standbys :wink:

All seems to be well at this point. :grin:

Guy

Don’t sweat it Guy. I’m shooting H4895 and H4831SC and almost nothing else these days! A little bit of H4350 for variety but those powders cover just about everything.

Good on you for your bold experiments however :lol:

k7ziXKNl.jpg

NOT a can of H4350, Varget, Unique, or some other old standby on my bench. Weird.

Odd new cartridge and silly little bullets too.

Not sure I can handle the change & excitement!

Guy

Guy Miner":2fi630lf said:
k7ziXKNl.jpg

NOT a can of H4350, Varget, Unique, or some other old standby on my bench. Weird.

Odd new cartridge and silly little bullets too.

Not sure I can handle the change & excitement!

Guy

Welcome to the dark side, Guy.

I really like the 6mms, even better than the hot .22s, played with both a lot in the past. Since you and your boys like the old standby 6mm Remington, I'm sure you will be happy with the 6mm CM too, maybe even more so! Its only a matter of time before you leave the Target "butts" and go for the coyotee "butts", ha. It should puff them up like a Tribble! :)

Guy,

I know it's not the same, but you have me wanting a Ruger Precision Rifle now, only in 6.5 Creedmoor.
[emoji2962][emoji2957][emoji43]
The thought of Guy messing with "new" powders! LOL!

HAWKEYESATX":3q8rv4ww said:
Guy,

I know it's not the same, but you have me wanting a Ruger Precision Rifle now, only in 6.5 Creedmoor.

It's funny, I wasn't really looking for a rifle, and probably wouldn't have bought this, but... I did kinda want one. Sportsman's Warehouse dropped the price from around $1200 all the way down below $750 for a couple of weeks before Christmas. :shock:

I saw that and bought the doggone thing. Only the 6 Creedmoor and the 223 were at the budget price though.

Guy Miner":2e3b3m8d said:
HAWKEYESATX":2e3b3m8d said:
Guy,

It's funny, I wasn't really looking for a rifle, and probably wouldn't have bought this, but... I did kinda want one. Sportsman's Warehouse dropped the price from around $1200 all the way down below $750 for a couple of weeks before Christmas. :shock:

I saw that and bought the doggone thing. Only the 6 Creedmoor and the 223 were at the budget price though.
I wouldn't have passed that deal up either. That's an amazing price!

Had to be some kind of promotion from Ruger.

I always thought the $1,100 - $1,200 price was reasonable for what ya get.

Ya gota give the 7977 a run in your 25-06 Guy,

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back