Breakfast with Legends

filmjunkie4ever

Handloader
May 4, 2011
This morning, I met with Salmonchaser at our local Dayville Cafe to have breakfast. I absolutely love meeting up with fellow hunters and hearing the stories they have to share. While I am still not 100 percent recovered from the pneumonia, we had a great visit. Salmonchaser is a retired Police Officer and a great fellow with a ton of guiding, fishing, hunting and shooting experience. Growing up in and around the timber industry like we did, we could talk about Bull-Bucks, Knot Bumpers, Timber Fellers, Gyppos and Cat Skinners without any explanations. Ask him to tell you about the time he met Les Schwab!

A couple of years back another man I greatly respect and admire, Guy Miner and I met in Bend at the Black Bear Diner and swapped stories and lies over breakfast. This led to a memorable cow elk hunt in 2023 wherein he made his longest shot on a big game animal and it looks like he is coming back again in 2025. Guy is a Marine, retired Police Officer/Swat sniper, freelance writer, hunter, shooter and fellow .30-06 fanatic. Ask him to tell you about the time he met President Ronald Reagan!

Whoever said to never meet your heroes certainly never met Salmonchaser nor Guy Miner. Take time to meet the folks we rub shoulders with on this forum, you won't be disappointed. Kudos to the moderators and all of the members who make this the best online forum to belong to. Happy Father's Day!!

I don't think there's any member within 300-500 miles from me? Even if they're in Texas it's unlikely? I'm in the ne corner of Texas a LOOOONNNNGGGG way from everywhere.

I've been fortunate to meet a few members over the years. Going to meet a couple more this summer and having a friend from NY stay here on his way to MT for an elk hunt this fall.
Yes, we have some great fellas here!

JD338

Back