Brown Bear bullets for the 35 Whelen?

35 Whelen":1fmy15wg said:
If more hunters knew the potential of this cartridge , which is really a .338WM in disguise........ Without the long barrel and extra 2 lbs to lug around, hundreds would flock to the caliber.......... However it is still really unknow to 95% of them.
The same thing can be said for the 6.5/06........ Incredible performance with out the weight of a big long
Magnum gun, when loaded to its full potential it right at the
Heels of a .264WM !!!!
I gotta say these two calibers truely cover everthing as well
As you can do it from an 8 lb gun that has a scope on it !
Anyway welcome to the informed!
E

until the next "best thing since sliced bread"
300 H & H and 375 H & H
257 Weatherby and the 340 Weatherby
6.5 Swede and the 9.3 x 64
even the 25/06 and 338 Win
or the 30-06 --and --wait, in North American that is all you need

the best in the world was Grace Kelly, until Bridgette Bardot, wait what about Raquel Welch, she was o.k. until Kim Bassinger showed up, and then who can forget Bo Derek, the perfect "10", but she was forgotten when Megan Fox showed up----Men!!!!

Now Bear78 got it right, it was true "then"
and still true "today"

Europe":3c60jon1 said:
35 Whelen":3c60jon1 said:
If more hunters knew the potential of this cartridge , which is really a .338WM in disguise........ Without the long barrel and extra 2 lbs to lug around, hundreds would flock to the caliber.......... However it is still really unknow to 95% of them.
The same thing can be said for the 6.5/06........ Incredible performance with out the weight of a big long
Heels of a .264WM !!!!
E

300 H & H and 375 H & H

the best in the world was Grace Kelly, until Bridgette Bardot, wait what about Raquel Welch, she was o.k. until Kim Bassinger showed up, and then who can forget Bo Derek, the perfect "10", but she was forgotten when Megan Fox showed up----Men!!!!

and still true "today"

Guilty as charged. :grin:

elkhunternm":2n43z32m said:
Europe":2n43z32m said:
35 Whelen":2n43z32m said:
Heels of a .264WM !!!!
E

300 H & H and 375 H & H

and still true "today"

Guilty as charged. :grin:

+ 1

If they keep making women like that, most of us men will keep on liking them like that! :twisted:

chs

Talk about Red heads what about Ann Margret? Even Elvis was afraid of her.
I don't no which is more dangerous, a bear will only kill and maybe eat you but a Red Head is a guaranteed slow and painful death if they turn on you or make you wish you were dead by the time they finish with you.

Rodger, speaking of redheads remember Katherine Hepburn, how about Rita Hayworth

BTW---what was this thread about ---originally ???

Europe":12z7b7n7 said:

Red-tipped bullets? I tread on dangerous ground as I married a redhead. That fiery presence has ensured that life is never dull.

truck driver":dd0nilin said:
Talk about Red heads what about Ann Margret? Even Elvis was afraid of her.
I don't no which is more dangerous, a bear will only kill and maybe eat you but a Red Head is a guaranteed slow and painful death if they turn on you or make you wish you were dead by the time they finish with you.
Interesting,my wife is a brunette,from the sounds of it,she maybe a redhead. :(

Europe":ythxvfil said:
Rodger, speaking of redheads remember Katherine Hepburn, how about Rita Hayworth

yeah and Maren O-hara
Maybe spelled her name wrong but they were all Beautiful women
35 Whelen":ythxvfil said:
Redheads,
" What I had feared the most; has now come upon me."
Yep my wife also, she is wild, wonderful and dedicated. I couldn't have asked for a better life partner.

Oh and I believe we were talking about Bear Bullets for the 35 Whelen and ended up talking about the most dangerous being on the face of the earth.( Red Headed Women ) :roll: :lol: :lol: :grin:

The 250 Partition at 2500-2600 will penetrate a lot of animal. Nothing I wouldn't hunt with that combo other than something that required a solid bullet.

As the others eluded to, it's really a 338 Win for the most part.

I don't know what a 250gr PT or AB will do to game out of my 35 Whelen/AI but the 225gr PT is absolutely awesome and penetration is great on deer size game. If there is such a thing as too much gun or bullet for deer size game a 225gr PT out of the 35 Whelen/AI would be a good definition for it. 2850fps and almost 4000lbs of muzzle energy what more could you want?

Back