Building a rifle

critterskinner

Beginner
Sep 21, 2009
I am wanting to build a .375 Cheytac. I am thinking of using a Lawton 8500 action, Russo laminate stock (color undecided), and a Jewell trigger. My only problem is what barrel should I use?

Congratulations on the new build. It is going to be a thumper for sure.
Pop built one and I am sure he will be able to point you in the right direction. Do a search in Rifles for Elviria.

JD338

I have one Brux & another on the way. I think its the best deal out there. Two old guys from Kreiger, hhmm. I also have several Kreiger & 1 Shilen.. No probs with any..

But, since your already going with a Russo stock, call Joel and chat with him about the CheyTac build, he has alot of experience with the big stuff...

Rod

Sounds like a fun project,,,,,my choice would be a Pac-Nor Super Match Stnls 1-10" Polygonal,,likely a straight taper or heavy Palma contour. I have 3 of their SM in Poly twist,,,very accurate they are!!!
Dave

Since your going to use a Lawton action why not get one of their barrels. They make a good barrel.

Lawton seems to do just fine.

But If I were you I would call Dave Viers. He cut my dies on my 375 Snipetac and did a wonderful job. He is also working on the 375 Viersco Magnum. 35 more grains than the Snipetac.

375 caliber 400 + super high BC bullets at 3200 fps!

http://www.blackdiamondrifles.com/

POP":123cxyx4 said:
Lawton seems to do just fine.

But If I were you I would call Dave Viers. He cut my dies on my 375 Snipetac and did a wonderful job. He is also working on the 375 Viersco Magnum. 35 more grains than the Snipetac.

375 caliber 400 + super high BC bullets at 3200 fps!

http://www.blackdiamondrifles.com/

Wow! That is some seriour long range power!

JD338

Holy smokes! That is alot of rifle! Can't imagine much that needs killing like that! Scotty

beretzs":2pyclpgs said:
Holy smokes! That is alot of rifle! Can't imagine much that needs killing like that! Scotty

Scott it is the super long range that they are after. Not necessarily killing power.

Yeah, true, but man, that would be pretty fun to try it out SUPER LR! Scotty

Back