Bullberry barrels

DevilDawg

Beginner
Apr 10, 2006
Anyone here familer with the Encore barrels made by Bullberry in Utah. I'm looking to buy two new barrels a 300 Win Mag with a brake and a 260 Rem. Any comments recomendations would be appreciated.

Although I never had any of my own I have shot them and had friends who were certified contender nuts. They all loved them.

I ordered a 223 barrel from Fred back in November for my Contender. When it arrived in March and I mounted it to my frame, it wiggled horizontally in my frame. I went to my shootin buddies and we put it on his frame. Same result. He had a 223 bullberry that he bot from ebay. I mounted it on my frame and it locked up fine.

I called bullberry. They said send it back. I did. I called them a week later, they said the barrel was fine and send them my frame. I did.

I called every Monday for a month. Finally I got Fred, and over the phone, Fred finally looked at it. He ended up telling me my frame was junk and his barrel was perfect. I ask him why his perfect barrel didn't lock up on my buddy's frame. He choose not to answer. He then scratched the death out of my frame in an amature attempt to squeeze my frame together to get his bad barrel to fit. Then he screamed at me that my frame was junk.

The next day (after he took maybe...his bipolar meds????) he agreed to refund my $.

Buy an OTT barrel. Mike doesn't have bi-polar and stands behind his work.

BTW...since I couldn't get a custom barrel in time for groundhog season, I bot a factory T\C 223 23" barrel. After much powder\bullet experimentation, the gun will shoot cloverleaf's at 200 yards. I have the rifle zeroed at 300 yards, and no hog has a chance within 400 yards.

I would have prefered custom, and the next one will be (OTT).

My $.02.

Dave.

I have a 454 casull 20" Encore Bullberry rifle barrel with no problems.It's in his shop being converted to 460.Sometimes it pays to buy TC barrels because of their lifetime warranty you can get them from http://www.midwayusa.com .

Back