bullet puller

nshunter

Beginner
Aug 31, 2011
Well, I screwed up about a dozen rounds of 270 wsm. Looks like I didn't have my bullet seating die adjusted properly and crushed the shoulders. I tried to pull them with my RCBS hammer but the wsm cases are too fat and won't fit. Can anyone recommend a decent puller for the wsm cases.

RCBS markets a magnum chuck for the quinetic puller. Also, the Hornady Collet puller works quite well, though it does leave a mark on the bullet.

Foster collet puller works like a champ.

JD338

...I've got both the RCBS "hammer" & collet die...

...mor'n one bullet, use the collet...

DrMike":5fqofrel said:
RCBS markets a magnum chuck for the quinetic puller. Also, the Hornady Collet puller works quite well, though it does leave a mark on the bullet.
yeah I just noticed this, will have to order one.

Try turning the collet over. I had the same problem with some 300 wsm ammo. I had to put the round in the collet and then into the puller. Hope this helps.

Hornady "Collet" type bBullet puller is the best I have used. I also have the RCBS kinetic (hammer type) and I seem to go to the Hornady puller when I need one.

If the case won't fit the collet in your hammer, use a shell holder in place of the collet. I had to buy a newer hammer which has a larger internal diameter and a Hornady collet puller for the WSMs. My old Forster collet puller would not work.Rick.

rick smith":2evqobil said:
If the case won't fit the collet in your hammer, use a shell holder in place of the collet. I had to buy a newer hammer which has a larger internal diameter and a Hornady collet puller for the WSMs. My old Forster collet puller would not work.Rick.
good idea, I'll try it.

nshunter":26w62iyy said:
rick smith":26w62iyy said:
good idea, I'll try it.
worked perfectly! :grin:

Back