BURRIS XTS-2575 Spotting Scope

Jimmywax

Beginner
Feb 10, 2007
Has anybody bought or used one of these. They are looking somewhat attractive as a backpacking spotter. Here is the link to them http://www.burrisoptics.com/spottingscope.html

A new, high performance Cassegrain-style mirror system design allows us to offer this high-magnification, high-resolution 25X-75X-70mm spotting scope in an extremely lightweight, compact configuration. The XTS 2575 weighs in at a mere 33 ounces and measures only 10" long, 5" tall and 3.6" wide.

This high-powered spotter features an adjustable angled eyepiece for long sessions of comfortable viewing without the neck strain associated with straight-through designs making it ideal for viewing in a sitting or prone position for long periods such as on alpine hunts, reconnaissance missions or benchrest shooting.

Every lens surface is broad band multicoated for reflection-free, ultra bright viewing and the XTS 2575 is waterproof, fogproof and highly shock resistant.

Right now I have a Leupold Sequoia that honestly I am not all that impressed with. My Burris Signature Select 10x50's show more detail a 100+ yds than the sequoia on 45x. Of course the price differance was about $400 too. That all is besides the point anyways since I feel the sequoia is rather bulky for backpacking and scouting. I was hoping somebody had one of the Burris XTR that could say it was either comparable or better than the leupold.

Back