C.C.B.S.??

nvbroncrider

Handloader
Aug 20, 2011
Wondering if anyone else here has this? Compulsive Component Buying Syndrome? Had to snatch up some more stuff today from my favorite store SPS. I have a very tough time passing up a good deal, when you can get the stuff you need/want for 1/2 price. My poor cabinet is getting full!!

Aw, new cabinets aren't all that expensive. It is the powder bunkers for storing powder/ammunition that breaks a fellow.

I have learned to spread my component buy out over a few different cards. If the wife sees a few $50 or less orders its not big deal. The $200 orders I usually split with a friend or two so that keeps me out of trouble. Luckily the SPS saves me a ton of money as well, so I just tell her that I saved enough to buy her dinner!

Guess I'm just as guilty as the rest of you. :mrgreen: I went to the last gun show looking for a new toy when I came across a table loaded with components so cheap I just had to look closer.
Tere went my gun buying money. :shock: I got 6 boxes of 150 gr. Nosler Partitions in .270, 5 boxes of 150 gr. PT's in 7MM 6 boxes of of Barnes 7MM TSX 120 gr. and 6 boxes ot 140 gr. Barnes TSX all for $10 a box. :shock: Guy must have really been hot for the 7MM something as I also got 10 or 11 boxes of 160 gr. Speer Grand Slams for $10 a box. My 7x57 and .280 Rem. will be well fed for some time to come. :mrgreen: 8) At other shows I've found some smokin' deals on brass as well. Now all I have to do is find trhe time to get it all loaded. :roll:
Paul B.

jmad_81":298wpe95 said:
I have learned to spread my component buy out over a few different cards. If the wife sees a few $50 or less orders its not big deal. The $200 orders I usually split with a friend or two so that keeps me out of trouble. Luckily the SPS saves me a ton of money as well, so I just tell her that I saved enough to buy her dinner!

One card single no lady to bother with. Just my rodeo habit and this new acquired one that I am building custom rifles. My card is awesome every month or 2 I order a free box of lead from basspro. So I guess I'm not doing too bad!

It's certainly not a rare disease. I have four Lee Collet dies, a Nosler reloading book, Bore Tech Eliminator and a concentricity gauge in my Midway shopping cart. I just can't get myself to order them until my SPS order arrives. It just wouldn't seem right to have two orders in shipping when I still don't know what my taxes will be for 2011.

I drove 30 miles to buy 100 75 gr VMax's in .25. Paid $30+ ..... it made me ill for sure. CL

cloverleaf":37254vcy said:
I drove 30 miles to buy 100 75 gr VMax's in .25. Paid $30+ ..... it made me ill for sure. CL

And all in a time where fuel is soooooooooooooo cheap!

cloverleaf":2vpbp4sj said:

That's not bad I gotta drive 80 miles and then that place is normally out and way over priced. $32 for 25 cal 85 gr BT and then $35for 140 and $37 for 160 AB in 7mm. It sucks. Thats why I own a jetta so I can go somewhere on occasion.

Yep, when I found myself plotting out purchasing strategies based on available inventory and available funding, I knew I'd graduated from impulsive to compulsive. :oops:

nvbroncrider":1bwyfqd2 said:
Wondering if anyone else here has this? Compulsive Component Buying Syndrome? Had to snatch up some more stuff today from my favorite store SPS. I have a very tough time passing up a good deal, when you can get the stuff you need/want for 1/2 price. My poor cabinet is getting full!!

Naw, nope, no way I ever had a problem like that.........(least ways not where my wife was listening)

Hegland":3qxnbv9i said:
Yep, when I found myself plotting out purchasing strategies based on available inventory and available funding, I knew I'd graduated from impulsive to compulsive. :oops:

Yes, I have it bad :twisted: :twisted: Especially when your doing that for a rifle that's at least 3 months out! I did it for the 280AI too! I'm already looking at other toys to acquire as well maybe a M70 FWT in 7-08? Just because I can.

I haven't loaded anything since I've moved to a new house (been prepping brass like crazy though) but that doesn't seem to be slowing down my component gathering... last trip home it was .308 AB, 6mm TTSX, .224 BTs and V-Max, and .257 ABs

I spent $975 today on 200 pieces of brass, 5500 primers, and 48 lbs of powder. I bought bullets last week, 750 6.5 Custom Competitions from SPS... I'm addicted.

Wincheringen":gepumq5q said:
I spent $975 today on 200 pieces of brass, 5500 primers, and 48 lbs of powder. I bought bullets last week, 750 6.5 Custom Competitions from SPS... I'm addicted.

I haven't done that yet! Maybe that's what is coming in the near future. :roll:

Thats the most I've ever spent in one day, previous record was ~$640 IIRC.

I expect the panic to start soon with the upcoming election so I figured I better start hoarding. Last time it took over two years for the supplies to return to normal, I don't want to wait that long. Yea, I'm part of the problem.

Back