Canadians Have Had Enough

Effectively, the people have only the option of a vote. Since he has a minority government, should he lose a vote of confidence, it would precipitate an election. A loss on the part of the Liberal Party would undoubtedly ensure that the long knives would be out for him. The concept of a recall or impeachment is not part of the parliamentary system. However, if he spoils the electorate so that Liberals are facing a disaster in the next election, he just may face a party vote to assess his fitness to lead. You can bet that the Conservatives will continue to try to find a scab they can peel away, and if he irritates the NDP or the Bloc Quebecois, he will have a hard time maintaining a majority. At the moment, he is in no danger of being overthrown. Nevertheless, he has angered a lot of people, which creates new tensions.

I sincerely believe Dr Mike that Canada will win out. I think eventually you guys will be the visible starting point for the world resulting in similar freedoms won for themselves.

I think a yr or 2 from now despite the kicking and screaming and degenerative behaviour of leaders world wide, there will be a lot of good things we can look at.

I could be wrong on all that of course, but if I am nothing changes beyond what was going to be regardless.

I don't think I am. I've watched too many of those truckers and people around Ottawa. They have deep convictions on the mater and are resolute. I believe they will win when all is settled.

The convictions I witnessed are deep. So, it is more than possible that things will work out. Canadians are slower than their American counterparts, but the convictions are deep.

Well, I think all the freedom loving Americans are rooting for the truckers over in Canada, and perhaps our truckers are taking inspiration from this movement as well. I have heard that the truckers over here may attempt the same in Washington D.C. I certainly hope they do.

The moves by the Trudeau government are severe. Child Protective Services are threatening to remove children. City workers and police have demanded removal of the trucks. Several banks appear to have begun to seize funds. With the hacking of GiveSendGo and release of those who donated funds, media in Canada and in the United States have begun to contact those contributing to ask why they gave money. Reports are filtering in of businesses that were threatened to the point that they closed shop (cancel culture of the woke crowd). There have been several violent attacks directed at the people involved in the Freedom Convoy. It even appears that police were engaged in a couple of attempted or realised false flag events to make it appear that the truckers were planning on attacks. The truckers at the Coutts, Alberta crossing got wind of what was happening and took the steps of publicly dissembling the protest. The Canadian forces have taken steps to separate four members from the armed forces for publicly speaking out on behalf of the truckers. Still, there are a significant number of truckers that are determined to stay.

Welp, police moved in and began arresting the people in the Freedom Convoy. Videos show some of the boys in blue appearing to be overly enthusiastic. My goodness, they have snipers on the rooftops and everything. So far, none of the protestors have attacked the police or resisted by fighting back, which makes the videos showing police smashing windows appear in a bad light. Videos from yesterday show police horses running over some demonstrators, including a woman in a motorized scooter. I have a bad feeling about what I'm seeing. This can only create more division. Mr. Trudeau is not to be commended, and the police that have eagerly entered into the fray have only pushed away people who were historically supporters. It is a mess.

truckers should boycott Canada for a month , then ask for a meeting . no meeting give it another month . show Trudeau where the power actually lies . but they would never all stick together . this would be twisted as truckers are bad . it will take a movement of almost everyone to change this .problem is a lot are happy giving up freedom, to be cared for .

I wasn't going to get involved in this conversation but a nerve has been struck and I will try to keep my response civil.
Though I have done a little of everything while I was still working from data processing to working for transit plus transporting people to their doctor appointments I always ended up going back to driving a truck.
Truck drivers are looked down on and considered dumb or stupid and that it doesn't take much skill to drive one. We receive unbelievable abuse and treated with disrespect everywhere we go and have to deal with government agencies employs who haven't got the foggiest idea of what we do or go through every time we get behind the wheel. I've accused of being dangerous and should have my license denied because I have sleep apnea. My trucks were wired with electric converters so I could use a C-pap machine while sleeping and I had a C-pap machine in the truck and one in my home so I could get restful sleep and not snor. Once you start using a C-pap machine you become addicted to it and can't sleep restfully with out one.
Just as firemen and police officers we risk our life every day and have to put up with people who think we don't deserve to be on the roads.
Lord only knows how many lives I've saved because of someone doing something stupid behind the wheel of a car and avoiding an accident. I once drove my Truck over an imbankment to keep from rear ending a car that had to stop dead in the road with out warning because a car in front of them stop to make a left turn across traffic with no warning.

Yes there are lots of truck drivers out there who don't have the skills level I have but a lot of that can be blamed on the large trucking companies who don't want to pay the skilled drivers what they are worth and hire untrained people and run them threw a government funded 30 day school and turn them loose in a truck that they don't really know how to handle.

So I got off track which I knew would happen but here again talking about freedom and not getting vaccinated most of the companies won't let the drivers take a day off to go to a doctor let alone get tested or vaccinated because they will miss a load and that means loss of MONEY that is what this whole thing is about, MONEY!!!!!!!!
Sorry for the rant
:)

I think a rant or two is rather warranted at this point. I agree, it is all about money, money and power. It is a shame to that skilled professionals like truck drivers are so often viewed so lowly. People disrespect some of our most important workers merely because their pay is not what somebody with a fancy college degree gets. It gets on my nerves.

Looks like they are starting to "unfreeze" the accounts of people who donated money to the protesters. The banks are having runs and people are pulling their money out.

Looks like they are starting to "unfreeze" the accounts of people who donated money to the protesters. The banks are having runs and people are pulling their money out.
Unfortunately, due to cowardice on the part of Liberal parliamentarians and the leftist bent of the NDP, the Emergencies Act has received parliamentary approval. I don't see the Canadian Senate having sufficient courage to defy the prime minister in his maddened power grab. However, as you posted, the law of unintended consequences has kicked in, as it always does. There will be other measures implemented to correct the problem created when the initial measures were instituted. Politicians never learn.

Back