casual competition?

A

Anonymous

From my reading of the "old days" they use to have postal matches. I'm not personally familiar with them, but could only imagine that we could do a variation on that theme. Is anyone interested in shooting against each other via the internet? Groups could be posted via digital cameras with measurements accompanying the photo's. It would have to be strictly the honor system, I could even judge. In other words if you outshot me, I could disqualify your group or something...Seriously, it could be fun and cheap to do. If only I can muster the ambition now that I've thrown this idea out there. I'm open to thoughts or ideas on how to implement the idea...Any takers?

rules? Geez, I've no idea. After I opened my mouth, I realized just some of the variables. Range, class of rifle, bipod, bench. I'm getting dizzy and we've just begun. The whole idea came about because I'd just nailed a 400yd group with the Savage 10FP. That said, it would not compete with a real bench gun. Still it would be fun, help me out with ideas. Do we want to really compete or just brag? I tend to just want to brag. Just how accurate is the next guys deer rifle/varmint gun/tactical rifle. That sort of thing. I like the general idea and would like to try it out on some level but need some input form others. How about some of the folks that have perhaps done postal matches? Anybody got better ideas?

There are still several postal matches around - and facilitated by the internet. The guys actually send their targets in for measurement & score though.

I prefer head up competition on the firing line at the same time and under the same conditions - but the postal thing is fine too.

Guy

Guy Miner":1mav7xlj said:
There are still several postal matches around - and facilitated by the internet. The guys actually send their targets in for measurement & score though.

I prefer head up competition on the firing line at the same time and under the same conditions - but the postal thing is fine too.

Guy

I'm with you Guy on this, if I'm going to shoot competition i want on the firing line with the worlds best. I did it for several years and enjoyed every minute of it.
When gas went sky high in prices and i had few medical problems i was forced to quit. But boy it sure was fun.

Gas prices and a work schedule that had me working most weekends for the past few years really cut into my competition shooting too.

I suppose the postal matches make a decent alternative given those factors.

Back