CCI LR mag primers Sportman Warehouse.

michsteve

Handloader
Aug 20, 2020

This is my local store I had ordered a hunting stand and had to pick it up today so when I checked this morning online for their in stock primers they actually had large rifle mag primers. You have to go to the gun counter, at least here in Troy so I asked the clerk and he then asked how many? I said the website states limit 200 and he said no you can get up to 10 sleeves so I said give me a brick.

1000 for $69.99 not bad by today's standard most online sites are over $100 before Hazmat and Shipping so if any of you have Sportsman Warehouse check to see what they have in stock near you and hopefully that is known company wide that you can now get a brick instead of the 200.

Mine had over 10,000 the other day when I stopped , but 200/day was their game they stuck to.
Maybe it is just locally at this store or just got lucky with right guy the front counter said nothing. I was expecting just 200 myself which was fine as I had to go to pick up my stand otherwise to me it isn't worth the trouble for just 2 sleeves unless I was getting something else.

Mine had over 10,000 the other day when I stopped , but 200/day was their game they stuck to.

If you're saying that was the number of individual primers, 10,000 sounds like a lot, but at a store as big as a Sportsman Warehouse selling by the brick would last as long as it would take to ring up 10 people at the register.

If you're saying that was the number of individual primers, 10,000 sounds like a lot, but at a store as big as a Sportsman Warehouse selling by the brick would last as long as it would take to ring up 10 people at the register.
I stopped by yesterday and the 250’s where barely touched. There was even 1lbers of Retumbo on the shelf @ $55.

I stopped by yesterday and the 250’s where barely touched. There was even 1lbers of Retumbo on the shelf @ $55.

Just a guess, but likely due to any number of 100's of people that can see they have primers, but it's not worth them driving there for the 2 packs advertised online.

That and a whole lot of people that are waiting on straight LR and don't realize that just because it says magnum doesn't mean it wont work just fine in their 243, 6.5 CM, etc.

Been very fortunate to have a good supply stashed away. Last primer purchase I made I did pick up a brick of small pistol primers for the 9mms. Price at that time was just under $40.
The short supply and high prices has taken the fun out of reloading for a lot of folks.

I'm fortunate that I maintained a reasonable inventory of powder and primers so I haven't had a pay pandemic pricing to shoot. I able to continue shooting and do load development work without any fear of running out of powder or primers.

JD338

I'm fortunate that I maintained a reasonable inventory of powder and primers so I haven't had a pay pandemic pricing to shoot. I able to continue shooting and do load development work without any fear of running out of powder or primers.

JD338

When this thing first hit that it was noticeable things were getting harder to get, I was already good for the most part across a broad spectrum of cartridges on bullets and powder. I got caught flat footed on primers. I had more than a lot of people, but not enough to just continue shooting as I always have for a prolonged period of time if I couldn't get anymore, and that possibility was looming.

So while I still could, I took advantage of every opportunity on primers that were still at reasonable prices compared to now. I don't advertise locally what I got as some might get mad and call me a hoarder. I call it good planning and prioritizing my spending. My primer supply will outlast everything else I got.

Joseph knew 7 bad yrs were coming. That knowledge did him no good if he didn't store away while it was still there in front of him.

I stopped by the Albany Sportsman's Warehouse on Sunday as their website shows a bunch of different primers as being available
There are no primers at the store and they haven't had any for some time, per the gun counter staff.
They tried to pawn if off as an error with the inventory software on the website, but showing a dozen different types of primers as on hand makes me suspicious that it was something else.

I stopped by the Albany Sportsman's Warehouse on Sunday as their website shows a bunch of different primers as being available
There are no primers at the store and they haven't had any for some time, per the gun counter staff.
They tried to pawn if off as an error with the inventory software on the website, but showing a dozen different types of primers as on hand makes me suspicious that it was something else.
False advertising.

Our SW shows BR-2 available but instead they have a pile of 250s. Their prices on primers also don’t match what is in the stores. Powder is a different story the website matches the store inventory and price.

That happened to me last year they keep the primers by the register in gun department. You would think that there computer system would adjust when there is a sale but maybe it doesn't or stock is being stolen. They just hand you the primers and you go to the front you can make two sleeves of primers if that is they allow to disappear pretty easily.

I stopped in today the website said they still had stock as I was waiting for a worker at the counter I saw the back wall behind the register with the limit posted. I was not lucky though as they were sold out, they need to update their website stock.

Attachments

• IMG_20230809_144041272.jpg
    IMG_20230809_144041272.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 6
The local SW online inventory of primers is way on the website here also , seems to be getting worse.

Seems like they are trying to con you into going in to the store, because you may buy something else you see while you're there.

Back