CH Shell Holder

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
Anyone have any information about this shell holder? (Compatibility with presses, cartridge) it says CH Die Company model # 408. It doesn’t show up on cross reference charts that I’ve looked at.
d5babcfb66f7fe48554276c911ab80da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdbrown66":321d0hj9 said:
Try calling CH4D. They are in Mt. Vernon, OH.

There ya go making sense again LOL..A quick call later and I was was told that it was made back when it was called C & H Tool & Die Co. in California, and probably dates back to the 60's. Model number didn't produce any information, but just checking it with my calipers it measures the same (within .003") as an RCBS #3. I'm going to try it with a 308 Win FL die and see how it does.

Good deal. I used to live about 5 miles from their shop in Mt. Vernon. I bought .223 and .30-06 dies directly from them.

I have an old C&H Super C press that you use to have to change the ram for each caliber and bought a replacement ram which would accept shell holders. It was a bear to load large rifle cases on because you had to lift up on the handle to operate it.

I have an old C&H Super C press that you use to have to change the ram for each caliber and bought a replacement ram which would accept shell holders. It was a bear to load large rifle cases on because you had to lift up on the handle to operate it.

truck driver":190dhtv7 said:
I’ve seen those rams on eBay a time or two, but didn’t know what they were.

C&H has moved several times. I have some older die set from when they were in Owen, Wisconsin.

I traded into a C&H “H” frame press last year. It is very stout and has been working pretty well for me!

Back