Check your flight information!

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
We booked our flights to RSA back in January. Since then Delta has changed our flights three times. We have been able to maintain the hunt as booked but have had to alter the rest of our plans by five days. Frustrating part is the flights as we originally booked are still listed At almost twice the fare we paid. Crossing our fingers now. I missed the first notice Delta sent thinking it was just BS information.
Alaska has also messed with our trip to Atlanta and from Atlanta back to Seattle then Walla Walla.
if you’re like me don’t be ignoring your email if you have flights booked.

Having the airline's app does help with this, you get a notification right to your phone the same time they send out an email. If there are any changes when you are traveling you don't have to be checking your email all the time and worrying about missing information

Having the airline's app does help with this, you get a notification right to your phone the same time they send out an email. If there are any changes when you are traveling you don't have to be checking your email all the time and worrying about missing information
Thankfully she had that app.

I get weary of the airline games. They jack your flight schedule around until it no longer meets your need, then offer to be generous by allowing you to re-book your flight at a higher price. About the same ethics as a loan shark.

We booked our flights to RSA back in January. Since then Delta has changed our flights three times. We have been able to maintain the hunt as booked but have had to alter the rest of our plans by five days. Frustrating part is the flights as we originally booked are still listed At almost twice the fare we paid. Crossing our fingers now. I missed the first notice Delta sent thinking it was just BS information.
Alaska has also messed with our trip to Atlanta and from Atlanta back to Seattle then Walla Walla.
if you’re like me don’t be ignoring your email if you have flights booked.
That is a real PITA.
In my experience Delta are the worst of all the airlines for doing that.
When I book now I just look at it that by the time I fly it won't be what I booked originally.
It should be a contract that they enter into when you book, and if they change it they should pay us for the change, whether that's good or bad.
But you booked at the right time, they say 60-70 days before you fly to get the best price?
Cheers
Richard

The good news; we will be flying home via London. Never been there before, never been anywhere but Canada and Mexico. She has been Everywhere except Antarctica. She has friends who are still with the State Department in London. Planning a whirl wind tour of London during our 8 hour layover. Oh and yet another change. We are flying from London to Seattle, not going through Atlanta. Get to spend a night in Seattle because the last flight Seattle to Walla Walla left an hour before we arrive. The good news Walla Walla regional is only 11/2 hours from home; has free long term parking and it’s a beautiful drive.

The good news; we will be flying home via London. Never been there before, never been anywhere but Canada and Mexico. She has been Everywhere except Antarctica. She has friends who are still with the State Department in London. Planning a whirl wind tour of London during our 8 hour layover. Oh and yet another change. We are flying from London to Seattle, not going through Atlanta. Get to spend a night in Seattle because the last flight Seattle to Walla Walla left an hour before we arrive. The good news Walla Walla regional is only 11/2 hours from home; has free long term parking and it’s a beautiful drive.
Be careful, as airline have been known to up-charge people who don't complete a flight they have partially traveled.

I'll be looking for your updates. I have no doubt it will be most interesting.

Well we leave Tuesday morning. Winter storm is forecast for the Blue Mountains Monday night, Interstate 84 from Pendleton to Ontario is the most closed section of freeway in the country. Three ways out of the Grande Rhonde valley this time of year, all involve passes that range from 4500 to 5500 feet. Contingency plans are also being laid in case Alaska cancels our flight from Walla Walla to Seattle. Add in a couple more sections of freeway, numbers two and three for closure in the country. We have to head to Seattle as that is the only flight we can get that will get us to Atlanta and Joburg in time. Fingers crossed, oh and its been raining like crazy on the eastern cape, 1 1/2 inches yesterday. We were told you’ll never need rain gear, got it packed.

This is possibly going to come as a shock to you. But, they have hotels around the Seattle airport. Maybe leave a day early and spend the night in Seattle---just a thought ;) Very excited for you. this trip was a long time coming. Enjoy !!

This is possibly going to come as a shock to you. But, they have hotels around the Seattle airport. Maybe leave a day early and spend the night in Seattle---just a thought ;) Very excited for you. this trip was a long time coming. Enjoy !!
Snark! Snark! Ooooo, touché, Cheyenne.

Back