Christianson Rifles

Vince2

Handloader
Jan 21, 2022
Just curious.
Anybody have a Chistianson rifle or played with one?
What are your thoughts? Good rifle, bad rifle, meh?

Vince

Vince,

Scotty had one in 300 RUM. He should be along shortly to tell you about it.

JD338

Been looking at the LH Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC...
Have been reading recently about the inconsistency in their rifles accuracy of late...some are producing great accuracy, while others are producing poorly despite trying all available ammunition and handloads...
Not something you hear about from Proof...
But haven't played with either, so cannot comment from first hand experience.
I do know that I find the wrist to be very slim on their stocks, and doesn't quite fit my large hands, and as much as I would like the one LH wood stocked Browning X Bolt, with its heavier barrel contour, it is more than I want for a mountain rifle
And since I have everything together now for completing the customizing of a LH Browning X Bolt from 270 WSM to 6.5 PRC, I won't be going with the Christenson. Will be using a Wilson slim profile carbon fibre barrel on this build.

I've got the handle three. A Mesa in 7-08 that shoots like a laser beam owned by a friend. A MPR in 6.5 I had for a while- shot pretty well, but I hated how it handled and hunted in the field. A Ridgeline in 300PRC owned by a buddy that won't shoot worth a darn- I'm sure it's fixable, but my buddy is sour on it.

Christiansen makes pretty good rifles, but it seems (like everyone else) has struggled with quality and supply chain issues.

I'd probably own another one at some point.

I have a Christensen arms Ridgeline in .300 Mag. Very well made. Installed a Zeiss scope on it. I had mine throated by a local gunsmith. Shoots lights out. I haven't heard anything about accuracy problems.

I have a Christensen arms Ridgeline in .300 Mag. Very well made. Installed a Zeiss scope on it. I had mine throated by a local gunsmith. Shoots lights out. I haven't heard anything about accuracy problems.
Now you have.:confused:
Four different bullets, multiple seating depths and several powders per bullets. Changed brakes. Bedded the action, bedded scope base, lapped rings, zeiss v6, NF nx8. One moa + average...which is their guarantee. I just expected more from the most expensive factory rifle I've ever bought. I can build a Savage in my basement shoot twice as accurate.

Last edited:
Don't own one. Shot one in 7mm Rem Mag at 600 yards with the owner. It did okay.

He wasn't pleased when I started shooting my 308 Rem 700 that day, with groups half the size his rifle could produce with either of us shooting.

I dunno. Probably like everyone, they can make some good ones and some bad ones. Thats my only experience with them.

Guy

one guy I shoot with bought one for hunting . sent it back for poor accuracy . I "think " they changed the barrel and sent it back to the owner . still wasn't shooting well . he got rid of it .

A buddy of mine and his wife own a couple of them, a 6.5 and a 308. Consistent sub MOA. Ridge lines as I recall. I have a Christiansen MPR. Its a POS. I have at least 10 rifles, some pushing 50 years of regular use, that will shoot circles around the MPR. I’d sell it in a heartbeat for half what I paid for it. I think the only rifle I own that wont outshoot it is my 73 winchester.

My hunting buddy won one of them last July (7/21) and finally got it this July. It was a titanium 300PRC. I don't think I ever shot a group under a inch with it. Most were 1.5-2". Their actions cycle like crap, compared to even a Remington, the firing pin protrusion was too high (ie the primer strikes were on the verge of piercing). The mount holes are crooked or the barrel is crazy crooked because most of the windage adjustment was used up to get it sighted in using a HD5 Zeiss. I even swapped the Trigger Tech to a Jewell set about 8oz and I bedded it in a McMillan Game Warden stock. I also swapped in a known good NXS Nightforce. The barrel is floated so it's not it's not the bedding or the stock. Since he already bought a trigger and stock I told him to just build a custom barreled action and dump the Christensen when it gets back from them. He gets gunsmithing for fee anyway. 😢

I've got 3 Ridgelines. 2 of them shoot under MOA the other is still in box. The thinner wrist of the stock takes some getting used to.
I've read online about issues like those above but have not experienced them myself. So far I have no buyers remorse.

I've got 3 Ridgelines. 2 of them shoot under MOA the other is still in box. The thinner wrist of the stock takes some getting used to.
I've read online about issues like those above but have not experienced them myself. So far I have no buyers remorse.
I agree with your comments. My Ridgeline shoots great as a couple of Elk have found out.

Are any of them 300 PRC's? I've heard of some other 300 PRC's not shooting.

I do have a buddy that had a 300RUM that would shoot in the .3's but the mag boxes are so short for a 300RUM he had to seat bullets really deep and give up velocity. It bugged him enough he got rid of it.

Mine are a 6.5 Creed for paper and coyotes, A 6.5x284 Norma that's my hunting rifle. The 28 Nosler is still in the box.

Back