Chronograph lighting

critterskinner

Beginner
Sep 21, 2009
Anyone have any tips for lighting for a Competition Electronics ProChrono Digital? When I shoot off of my bench in the evening there is a shadow over my chronograph. I can't get a reading.

I've got the same problem on the exact same chrony. The only thing I can come up with is the lighting kit, which I have not bought yet. I planned on using an old ( but good) battery and my inverter for the power source. I do have the luxury of having my bench in the field behind my house, so I'm going to put it my lock box beside my bench.

If anyone else has a better way to skin that cat, I'm all for it.

I was going to buy the light kit but then I have to run an extension cord from my shop or find some other power source.

I have an Oehler 35 and it has never failed me during decent lighting.
Oehler35.jpg

Can you shoot earlier in better light and avoid the light all together?

JD338

I have the lighting kit and have blocked out the top with tape so the sun cannot effect it. I did buy there battery pack, however would probably use a 12v battery instead. You can make up your on cable. I think if I was to do it again I would either use one of the 12v batteries used in feeders or possibly a lawn and garden battery. More than likely the ones used in a feeder as they are AGM and loose small amounts of power when not in use and are light.

barge":35eamt7s said:
I have the lighting kit and have blocked out the top with tape so the sun cannot effect it. I did buy there battery pack, however would probably use a 12v battery instead. You can make up your on cable. I think if I was to do it again I would either use one of the 12v batteries used in feeders or possibly a lawn and garden battery. More than likely the ones used in a feeder as they are AGM and loose small amounts of power when not in use and are light.

Which chronograph do you have?

Back