Colt Officers Model

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
I've had one of these since they were introduced, back about 1984. A rather nice, compact .45 from Colt. Never had a bit of trouble with mine, although I haven't shot it nearly as much as other .45's over the years. My oldest son fell hard for it long ago. So... this year he got his own, all-steel Colt Officers Model .45, along with a Galco IWB holster, belt, mag pouch, three magazines, 100 rounds of 230 gr "hardball" and 20 rounds of Federal Hydra-Shock carry ammo. He's pleased. Me too. Yes, this one passed my range test just fine, before I gave it to my son.

That's an awesome gift, Guy and I think I know how thrilled your son is! Merry Christmas to you.

Very nice Guy. I had one in .38 Super with a muzzle brake on a custom barrel. One of the few pistols I should have kept.

What a great gift, Guy. I imagine he is thrilled to the point of ecstasy; I know I would be thrilled. Those are sweet handguns.

No, he's right handed, that's an inside-the-waistband holster, so the loops are on the other side.

I never really cared for the IWB type holsters, but both of my sons like them.

Guy

Back