Ruger Blackhawks & Simply Rugged Holster:

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
My sons have a pair of Ruger Blackhawk revolvers. One is a 357 Magnum, the other is a 45, with both the 45 ACP cylinder and the 45 Colt cylinder. They were gifts from my father quite a while ago. He had left and right holsters for them. My sons are both right handed, so I recently picked up a right hand holster for my younger son. Now he can carry his 45 Blackhawk properly! It will be his Christmas present. I just wore it for a few hours the other day. Very comfortable and holds either revolver snugly.

jmujpC9l.jpg

h8BjqBJl.jpg

Funny that both of my sons have decided to store their revolvers in my gun safe - but that does mean I get to shoot their cool old Blackhawks time to time.

Regards, Guy

Nice! Make? Model?

I have just one holster, a RH synthetic that works double duty for 4 5/8" barreled NMBHs (41 Rem Mags - one blued, one stainless) and my CZ SP-01 (40 S&W).
Unfortunately here, I only get to use it at the range.
Would love to get a nice leather holster for my Blackhawks. (Should I ever get around to trying Cowboy Action Shooting from horseback - just not a lot of that around here!)

It's a "Sourdough Pancake" holster by Simply Rugged holsters. Rob is a great guy and Simply Rugged builds great holsters. I've got one for my 44 mag S&W 629 as well.

Here's the S&W 629, also in a Sourdough Pancake. I had this one fancied up a bit with Basketweave:
zLKyn02l.jpg

Regards, Guy

Very nice Guy. I had Rob make me a holster for my S&W 629 3" with a red dot optic. I also got the Chesty Puller system. The fit,form and function are perfect. Rob is indeed a great guy. His craftsmanship and customer service are excellent!

Attachments

• IMG_20220809_131930260.jpg
    IMG_20220809_131930260.jpg
    907.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220809_131909123.jpg
    IMG_20220809_131909123.jpg
    972 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220809_132141176.jpg
    IMG_20220809_132141176.jpg
    1,005.4 KB · Views: 11
Very nice Guy. I had Rob make me a holster for my S&W 629 3" with a red dot optic. I also got the Chesty Puller system. The fit,form and function are perfect. Rob is indeed a great guy. His craftsmanship and customer service are excellent!
That colour would match my saddle and rifle scabbard!

Thanks fellas.
Guy,
Take a look at the Chesty Puller system. Rob at Simply Rugged Holster will get you set up.
It's the best way to carry in bear country.

JD338

My sons have a pair of Ruger Blackhawk revolvers. One is a 357 Magnum, the other is a 45, with both the 45 ACP cylinder and the 45 Colt cylinder. They were gifts from my father quite a while ago. He had left and right holsters for them. My sons are both right handed, so I recently picked up a right hand holster for my younger son. Now he can carry his 45 Blackhawk properly! It will be his Christmas present. I just wore it for a few hours the other day. Very comfortable and holds either revolver snugly.

jmujpC9l.jpg

h8BjqBJl.jpg

Funny that both of my sons have decided to store their revolvers in my gun safe - but that does mean I get to shoot their cool old Blackhawks time to time.

Regards, Guy
I noticed both revolvers are three screw. Older Rugers are quite a gun. I have one in Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum and the trigger breaks like glass. Tell the boys good luck.

Back