Combined Technology, Nosler or Winchester?

Nandy

Beginner
Nov 27, 2005
I am looking information about reloading the Combined Technology Silver Ballistic Tip bullet on .30 caliber 150 gr. However, I can't find much information about the cartridge. Should I look in a Winchester reloading book or a Nosler reloading book? Is it in any book at all? I need a powder, low and high charge so I can start testing what my gun likes. Anybody can guide me in the right direction? I am a new reloader (it shows).
Thanks!

Nandy,

Any loading data you get from Winchester will be just for their ball powders. The Nosler RG#5 list 10 different powders for the 150 gr bullets in 30-06.
I would suggest IMR4350 or RL19 powders. Both will give you high velocity and fine accuracy. Federal GM215M primers usually give very good results as well.

Regards,

JD338

Use Noslers data for the ballistic tip bullet of similar caliber and wgt. The CT Ballistic tip is one of theirs.

The CT Btips can be loaded the same as any other BT, with the exception that you can put in a couple more grains of powder. If there is no pressure signs, and your accuracy is getting better, you can go 1 or2g above the regular data for the CT version. Reason being is the coating helps reduce pressure, but you can put 1 or2g more powder to bring the pressure back up to the top. Example being, my 25-06 loves the 85g BT and RL-19. Book calls for 57g MAX load. I can go up to 60g with the CT version which is good for 3700fps and .3" groups. Hope this helps.

Thaks for the information. I have the nosler book but I could not find this especific bullet, hence the question. I will use the BT data. I have the IMR4350 powder and will probably get the RL19 to compare. I am waiting for my order of a box of these bullets to go to the range and try it. I can't wait. I have the CCI primers. I have already reloaded 10 165 gr sp bullets and they worked ok but I want to reload with my hunitng load. BTW, is that silver case good for reloading? I have mostly the Federal brass from years of shooting federal but recently changed to Winchester SBT. I just wonder what case should I use...
Thanks everyone!

I think the Winchester Nickel cases are tons better then the ones from Remington. The remington nickel cases have a rep for being the worst case out there for dimensions. Lapua and Norma brass are hands down the best, I think Winchester is the next best bet for you.

Back