competition shooting

yotkiller

Beginner
Feb 27, 2006
i am new to the competiton shooting and would like to start competing in the long range 600-1000yds,but dont now where to start (factory gun or custom, what caliber, bullet and any advise on reloading for competiton shooting. Any info would greatly be appreciated

Find a match near you, and go. Observe, maybe pot a few rounds downrange.

During breaks at the match, or better yet, at the "local watering hole" AFTER the match, ask lots of questions.

Hey Guy miner, so the F class anyone can shot with any type of gun. I am currently building 6mm AI on a 700 action for rock chucks and dogs. Would I be able to shot this gun in the F class and where in northern Nevada might I find a F class shot

yotkiller":3h9zny88 said:
Hey Guy miner, so the F class anyone can shot with any type of gun. I am currently building 6mm AI on a 700 action for rock chucks and dogs. Would I be able to shot this gun in the F class...
So long as there is not a muzzle brake installed, yes. Brakes are banned from NRA rifle competition.

...and where in northern Nevada might I find a F class shot
Anywhere there is an NRA prone highpower match (300 yards +), F-Class shooters may participate. Worldwide, there are darned few "F-Class Only" matches - usually less than 5 each year.

http://www.nrapublications.org/sh.%20sp ... rrifle.asp shows the listings for matches - usually for the next 3 months. Due to weather, I wouldn't expect there to be many matches held in Northern Nevada for the next few months.

If you REALLY want to learn the ART OF MARKSMANSHIP......forget the scopes! Get you an NRA approved Match Rifle or Service Rifle......and engage in NRA High Power competition! Then....you'll establish a FOUNDATION for anything you want to do in the future!! :lol: :wink: :lol: On a rifle range....aperture sights are just as accurate or moreso....than shooting a scope....as long as you have good eyes!! Been there....done it for 50 years! :lol:

Back