Condor Bullets

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
NO, not for shooting the doggone California Condor! :grin:

But the imposition of lead-free bullet zones is growing on the west coast. I've got some Barnes TSX bullets squirreled away, but my favorite bullets have always been Noslers. JD338 tried to get me to use some .257 E-Tips several years ago when they were brand new but I was all twitterpaited with the 115 Partition & 115 Ballistic Tip and didn't try them.

Well here they are:

I got 200 of the 168 gr Nosler E-Tips from Shooters Pro Shop at a good buy. Given that they're Noslers, I figured it was a safe bet that they'd fly well and I'm going to give them a try. My youngest son and I both hunt with a .30-06 fairly often. I've also got a .300 WSM I seldom use (but dang is it accurate!). My oldest son has a .308 Winchester Browning BLR. We've got several rifles that can use these 168 gr E-Tips.

Given the deep penetration typical of mono-metal bullets, I'm thinking these 168's are fully capable of taking on big game like elk, moose and even the great bears. If someone thinks I'm nuts about this, please educate me...

At any rate we've got 200 of 'em, which is likely enough for a lifetime of hunting if I can work up a load that approximates our existing 165/168 gr .30 cal loads...

Regards, Guy

I would have no difficulty using the 168 grain E-Tip on elk and/or moose. I mean, I use the 130 grain .277 to tag elk and moose. Yeah, they will work.

Back