contender loads

edsbows1

Beginner
Dec 23, 2021
hello I'm new to having a contender got one from my late father in law it's a 30 30 14 inch barrel I want to load some nosler 125 grain balistic tips with 32 grains of vargett anyone load any with that combo

I found a few more. these are listed as pistol , not contender . I assume these would be ok to use .

P1070257.JPG

P1070256.JPG

P1070255.JPG

P1070254.JPG

Varget should work really well for you in the Contender. Keep us posted with your load development.

JD338

I'm not sure how easy info is to get on the contender , so I dug up all I can find for you . these do say contender . I only have varget listed in that one book , my other books are probably to old . the 32.0 grains of varget should be a minimum load for your combo .

P1070251.JPG

P1070252 (1).JPG

P1070254 (1).JPG

thanks everyone I have a couple books but only 2 have the contender in them gonna go with what I got and work on loads from there 👍

Nice work 👍
You have a solid load for deer hunting.

JD338

hello I'm new to having a contender got one from my late father in law it's a 30 30 14 inch barrel I want to load some nosler 125 grain balistic tips with 32 grains of vargett anyone load any with that combo
There was an organization called IHMSA, International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Assn. Tremendous amount of handgun and Contenders loads. If you can pull up any of their information, you will have a bonanza of load information. We shot out to 200 yd or meters and you had to knock over the target or was considered a miss, the rams weighed about 65-70 lbs. Hard to believe but the top tier guys would on a good day, hit 8 out of 10 coffee cup size targets at 200 yds with iron sights and were not allowed to rest against anything but themselves.

Back