Cooper's Hawk

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Seen while walking along the Columbia River with my dog this morning. Oddly, the dog didn't point the hawk, just looked at it for a moment. Couple of days ago he pointed a group of four mule deer. He's pretty hilarious.

OBUUMRrh.jpg

Regards, Guy

A great photo, Guy. It is definitely up to the standard we all expect from you. Thank you for posting.

I have one that visits my bird feeder on my deck and chases all the birds off. He sits on the deck rail or the home made feeder pole I stuff with a peanut butter and seed mix and looks in the glass door at us while we drink coffee.
Every time I try to get a picture he flies off.

We get them hunting around our bird feeder from time to time. Occasionally I'll find a pile of feathers in the yard, and I know he got one. I wish he would thin the local squirrel population, instead.

We get them hunting around our bird feeder from time to time. Occasionally I'll find a pile of feathers in the yard, and I know he got one. I wish he would thin the local squirrel population, instead.
The one that I have the wife named Elvis since he is a handsome bird, and she likes Elvis.
I've watched him dive into the Flowering bushes trying to catch a meal and scattering birds everywhere and chasing them when he flushes them. It's amazing how fast he can maneuver through the obstacles. He does occasionally pick one off when they set on top of a bush, but they have a warning system set up and scatter when he is around or close by the feeders.

Back