Cooperzilla

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
While at the Eastern Outdoors Show I picked a 4oz bottle up to see how it would work on my 30-06 barrel that I obviously wasn't getting clean with Sweets an other cooper cleaners I have on hand and have been reluctant to place an order for some BTE since I don't have a need for other things and didn't want to pay the shipping for just 1 item. ( cheap scape )
Any way I saw their display and decided I would give it a try.
They claim it will quickly remove cooper and lead but is to be used in conjunction with their Gunzilla BC10 bore cleaner.
I've been using Gunzilla BC10 for quite some time on my pistols and other firearms and does a good job on carbon clean up and other light fowling.
When applied as directed the Cooperzilla was fast acting. one push of a patch covered with it threw the bore came out with blue streaks on it so I let it soak for 30 minutes as directed and ran a dry clean patch threw the bore which came out with blue streaks on it. I ran another wet patch of Cooperzilla threw the bore and decided to let it set longer as directed.
I got tied up with other things and forgot about it which I normally I don't do but didn't have to worry about etching the bore since it has no harsh chemicals like ammonia in it or petroleum distillates. and they claim it's safe to leave over night and has no effect on barrel metal. So I wiped it out the next day with a dry clean patch and still showed signs of cooper. This barrel had been cleaned before putting the rifle away for the season with Sweets and Butch's Bore shine with 50% Kroil mix to get rid of the sweets and patches came out clean.
So since I hadn't really been aggressive with the scrubbing I decided to put a little elbow grease into it and scrub it in really good.
This mourning I ran a over size for caliber (.32 ) brush threw the bore before the clean patch and it came out discolored but no blue. I proceeded to run another wet patch threw the bore to make sure I had gotten all contaminates out of the bore and then a clean patch which came out clean being satisfied that it had done it's job I ran a patch covered with Gunzilla BC10 threw the bore and wiped dry with a clean patch.
Overall summary is it was easy to use and worked as stated by the manufacture it all so has a low odor which is not obnoxious or over powering and can be used in the kitchen with out fear of being over come by fumes or kicked out of the house but do state it should be used in a well ventilated area.
One other last note is that it shouldn't be used with plastic brushes and it will remove plastic deposits from shot gun barrels. Do not allow product to absorb into wood and is safe for most plastics and polymer pistols.
After my first experience with this product I would recommend to others for use and will put the Sweets on the self.

Good review of Copperzilla, Rodger. Sounds like something I should look for. I'm always on the lookout for good cleaning products.

Thanks Mike, I was looking for BTE when I saw the Gunzilla booth and picked it up instead. It does seem to do a good job and is easy to use.

Here's a pic of the product.

Attachments

• IMG_20140221_105425 gunzilla cooper out.jpg
    IMG_20140221_105425 gunzilla cooper out.jpg
    736.6 KB · Views: 1,163
I have been using Gunzilla for quite awhile since it works well with the muzzleloaders as well. Might give the Copperzilla a try as well. No oil in it and it doesn't smell, so it has those two going for it right outta the gate.

Rodger, thank you for the review on that cleaning product. I personally use Wipeout and Butches Boreshine. I have never had a problem using it. If I find a bottle around here I will pick it up just to try and if it works better than what I normally use then it is a keeper :).
Thanks again for the report.

Blessings,
Dan

Back