Couple of Hornady 7mm Bullets

Aussie Wanderer

Beginner
May 5, 2022
Just thought I would post a couple of pics of Hornady bullets I have recovered this past few hunts. Thought you guys might be interested.

The 139SST was recovered from the fallow buck below. It was a really thick and strong animal. The shot was taken from a 7mm08 at about 90 yards in the scrub. It was recovered from the offside shoulder and weighed 90.9 grains. Deer did a dead run for about 20 metres and fell over.

The second one is a 150ELDX fired from my 280ai and was taken from a red deer I shot at 592 yards (Lasered) and weighed 99.8 grains. It broke ribs on both side of the animal and was trapped on the offside.

I don't normally catch bullets so it is both a little exciting and unusual for me. Really nice to see how these things perform in the real world.

Attachments

• 139SST Fallow.jpg
    139SST Fallow.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 139sst weighed.jpg
    139sst weighed.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Fallow.jpg
    Fallow.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Hornady 150ELDX 592yard Red.jpg
    Hornady 150ELDX 592yard Red.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 26
I always had good success with SSTs in several cartridges. That is good performance for both bullets. Handsome little fallow deer, as well.

I shoot a lot of SST's. I'm impressed with there performance and when you consider how much cheaper they are to Nosler's then they represent excellent value for money.

I think the earlier SST's were a lot like the earlier Ballistic Tips and both were quite explosive in some calibers and bullet weights.Now the jackets on both bullets are thicker and stay together a lot better.Congrats on your kills.

Back