CVA Wolf trigger ?

HTDUCK

Handloader
Apr 18, 2009
Mine is absolutely horrid. I'd guess 8lbs ?
Anybody know of a spring kit or other way to lighten it a bit ?
The research I've done it appears there is some type of jig required to
reassemble the trigger if you dismantle it ?

Caution with the stoning if you've never done this kind of stuff before. The mechanism and geometry of the parts needs to be understood. Lots of triggers have the two sear components pivoting on separate pins. Material removed from the wrong places on the sear surfaces has the effect of moving those pivot points further apart, and if done to excess can create a minimal and unsafe engagement condition that can't be corrected without new parts. I believe most of the Wolf models have adjustable triggers. I suggest checking that first and adjusting to a minimum 3 lbs. or higher as that is what most other CVA instructions call for. I have not found specific CVA Wolf adjustment instructions yet. Also, there are a number cautions to NOT remove the trigger assembly, as it takes some expertise and 3 hands (plus a special tool and some temp pins) to get it back together. Others have said that CVA will do a free adjustment if you want to contact them and make shipping arrangements.
EE2

Another option would be to send it in to cva. I sent mine back for a warranty issue and while it was there, they lightened the trigger up. Not sure how but I know they can do it.

Back