CZ 222 Rem

SJB358":1tlg3ljd said:
FOTIS":1tlg3ljd said:
Yes sir like this one. NIB set trigger and all.

cz%20usa31198.jpg

What are they asking for it Fotis?

BUY IT...BUY IT...BUY IT ...BUY IT...!!!! Send Fotis on a mission...we need to see what his negociating skills are like. :mrgreen:

Mine is the Model 527 standard 22 inch barrel in .204 Ruger. It is quite accurate but the slow twist limits bullets to 40 grains with accurate results. I would trade it for a rimfire Model 455 in a minute despite the difference in price, because the rimfire is more useful around here and I have a .257 Roberts for coyotes.

$700 for the Model 527 is full retail. I haggled and got mine for $500 new but that was three years ago when insanity in the gun market did not prevail.

Scotty, I have a 452 American in 22lr, and while it is not a centerfire, it is a damn fine rifle. CZ makes quality rifles.

I am kinda digging that one Fotis posted.. That's pretty sweet as well. They put some nice wood on them sometimes.

I have only fired a CZ 550 in 375 H+H Magnum. Very nice rifle, kicked less than some 338s I have fired. i love the curious set trigger mechanism that CZ uses! Have only fired 2 different 222s but both were tack rivers. A great 250 yard squirrel rifle and as the saying goes, a great "pickup gun." I like you have no 22 centerfires at the moment, my smallest centerfire is .257 these days. Go for it!

At the range, for some of that sling-shooting practice I enjoy so much:
IMG_4005.jpg

Mine is the .204 Ruger, but I'd enjoy a .222 just as much. The rifle is well built, and fairly handsome once ya get used to the magazine hanging out the bottom of the rifle. I've got a 12x Leupold on it. Can see 1/2 MOA or better with handloads, and under an inch with Hornady factory ammo.

The rifle is a dandy. Real easy to handle. The set trigger is nice. Had another one several years back, the lighter version with the blonde maple stock. Real nice, but it wasn't quite what I was seeking. The heavier varmint version does what I wanted.

CZ-08.jpg

My son also has the .17 HMR Varmint rifle. Sweet shooter!

As far as I'm concerned CZ makes a great rifle, at a good price. Am not real big on imports, particularly firearms, but made an exception for the CZ.

Guy

257 Ackley":2wj07eyi said:
SJB358":2wj07eyi said:
FOTIS":2wj07eyi said:
Yes sir like this one. NIB set trigger and all.

cz%20usa31198.jpg

What are they asking for it Fotis?

BUY IT...BUY IT...BUY IT ...BUY IT...!!!! Send Fotis on a mission...we need to see what his negociating skills are like. :mrgreen:

You guys are terrible! :p

I've got more varmint rifles than I can count, but I'm on the local waiting list for a No. 1 in .222 Rem.

SJB358":1nxyxjxv said:
I have quite a few big game rifle, but I don't have any 22 centerfires right now. Think it would be crazy to get one of these. I love the 222 cartridge.. Just looks cool with that long neck and I would think this little CZ would be a handy rifle. Any thought on the rifle/cartridge? I am not really looking for a speed demon, just something for hiking and such..

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-527-fs/

CZ_zps7c06b66b.png

Scotty,

Excellent rifles, we have two of them. The family likes them and we use them in our training camps for young boys and girls. The guns are very well made and very accurate. This would be a perfect gun for your son, daughter, and wife to practice with Scotty and you will also enjoy it at the range and in the field. We have used the CZ products successfully for years. I like, the stock design on this rifle, but others do not.

Scotty, while I am here, thanks for helping Cheyenne. I think her and her husband will enjoy their new Brownings. I told her if you and I were wrong and she didn't like them,she could send one to you and the other to me.

Africa Huntress":1vzywyc3 said:
SJB358":1vzywyc3 said:
I have quite a few big game rifle, but I don't have any 22 centerfires right now. Think it would be crazy to get one of these. I love the 222 cartridge.. Just looks cool with that long neck and I would think this little CZ would be a handy rifle. Any thought on the rifle/cartridge? I am not really looking for a speed demon, just something for hiking and such..

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-527-fs/

CZ_zps7c06b66b.png

Scotty,

Excellent rifles, we have two of them. The family likes them and we use them in our training camps for young boys and girls. The guns are very well made and very accurate. This would be a perfect gun for your son, daughter, and wife to practice with Scotty and you will also enjoy it at the range and in the field. We have used the CZ products successfully for years. I like, the stock design on this rifle, but others do not.

Scotty, while I am here, thanks for helping Cheyenne. I think her and her husband will enjoy their new Brownings. I told her if you and I were wrong and she didn't like them,she could send one to you and the other to me.

That's a great point A. Most of my center fires are pretty heavy on the recoil, so a few light to no recoil would be great for everyone.

Yeah, I think Cheyenne will dig the little 7WSM. In the little BLR, it should be a very handy mountain rifle.

just need it!!!!! couldnt pass it up!!!!
go ahead and get ur CZ, its a necesity!!!!
Some pics of my CZ 455 .22 mag, I will take
care of the populatation of Coyotes in the ranch.

Here is mine a CZ 527 Varmint. Medium bull barrel in 223 vortex 6.5- 20x 50. Real nice shooting rifle, set trigger is sweet.

711861FB-8DE5-400F-B14E-E87155D07D16-224-000000187EFC8A06_zps96543959.jpg

From the look on his face, I'd say that raccoon doesn't care much for that rifle. :mrgreen: Did you use the rifle to tag that coon?

Nope, I just thought it would make an interesting photo. Shot the raccoon with a 243/ 75 gr v max. Entry wound no exit and my taxi told me it was one of the grossest things he ever skinned out as it turned everything to jello inside. Messy and schtiiinkeeeee.

I shot a racoon with my .243 and an 80 grain Varmeggedon last year, in the chest facing me, sitting in a tree. Same effect, the bullet did not exit from the large male racoon. It just turned his chest cavity into a bowl of red jello!

My CZ527 American is a 22-Hornet. Love it great to carry and I use it for closer shots along swamp edges and such. I wears a VXII 3-9EFR just for that task. Calhoon ring mounts, Modifed bolt handle, and single shot carrier.

I would realy like the varmit model in 221 Rem Fire Ball with a custom VX3 3.5-10 CDC to replace it (so to speak).

If I could get the slim-Line trigger guard and three shot clip like they offer in the 223 Rem I would up grade my 527.

tjen - would that slim line trigger guard and three shot mag fit my .204 CZ, getting rid of the hang-down magazine look?

Only used all five shots on a running rockchuck once! Yeah, missed him four times... :mrgreen:

Talked to them down to $675..... not a screaming deal.

I would prefer the .222 Remington for my 527 but it is .204 Ruger and shoots great so, I can't complain much.

Back