Daughter's first elk hunt and bull

Lab man

Beginner
Oct 20, 2006
I asked my daughter what she would like for her upcoming college graduation and her reply was to go elk hunting with me. Below is a picture of her first elk hunt and bull.

She used a Mod 700 Rem in 270 Winchester loaded with 140 Nosler Partition, surplus 4831 and WLR primers producing a velocity of 3030 fps. We hunted with Pete & Lisa Turner of Colorado Mountain Expeditions. Michael, our guide called the bull in to about 90 - 120 yards with a cow call.

Her fist shot was on the mark and bull ran about 20 - 30 yards and staggered. Both the guide and I told her to shoot him again which she did and the 6x6 bull was down for good. The exit wounds were 2 inches apart. The smile says it all.

MarisaBull1.jpg
[/img]

Congratualtions on a great hunt. Nothing better then being out in the woods and filling your elk tag. Nice bull to! Sounds like the 270/140g PT's performed flawlessly.

Lab man

Outstanding!
Congratulations to your daughter. She took a beautiful trophy.

JD338

That trophy will be a reminder to her forever, of her elk hunt with Dad. Outstanding! :grin: Ya done good.

Hunting memories with your Daughter....priceless!! (pardon the borrowed line) Exceptional!!! and congrats to you both. CL

Back