December Pheasants

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
My son and I took the dog and our shotguns for a little walk today. We found five roosters, but only brought home four. One got up at an odd angle, my son missed two shots, and he would have been in my line of fire, so I never even shouldered my shotgun. Good day though, we enjoyed!

Here's the good old Ithaca (SKB) 20 gauge double he uses. It came to me in 1969! Still in beautiful condition.
dnI4aRYh.jpg

And, you'd think a fellow who had just made a terrific shot, bringing down this bird, would smile.
XCDW914h.jpg

Regards, Guy

That's great, good times!. I wish i could get my girls into bird hunting, maybe next fall

New dog is working out, excellent. I have one of those SKBs also. Lively in a 20 ga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An excellent day, indeed. What did you do to keep your son from smiling, Guy?

Awesome! Brings back great memories hunting pheasants as a young man over my beloved GSP. [emoji22]He may have missed a retrieve a handful of times at most...we had a commercial hunting operation and he got a ton of practice...probably 3000 or more birds over his lifetime...

gbflyer":32b5v00t said:
Awesome! Brings back great memories hunting pheasants as a young man over my beloved GSP. [emoji22]He may have missed a retrieve a handful of times at most...we had a commercial hunting operation and he got a ton of practice...probably 3000 or more birds over his lifetime...

Wow! You and Salmonchaser have done a LOT more bird hunting than I have. Awesome.

Guy

DrMike":374s98d1 said:
An excellent day, indeed. What did you do to keep your son from smiling, Guy?

I think he was tired of Dear ol' Dad asking him to pose for yet another hunting photo. I think I got one of him smiling too though. I'll check.

He should smile about one of his shots! Dang, that rooster got up, the 20 barked and the rooster was falling before I could even shoulder my shotgun! Yee Haw!

He was pretty pleased with that.

Guy

It is a great time for us dads (and granddads) whenever a family member joins us in the field. You have to be a proud dad, Guy. Congratulations, you and Mrs. Minor did well in your boys.

Guy Miner":9zqxvuc6 said:
gbflyer":9zqxvuc6 said:

Wow! You and Salmonchaser have done a LOT more bird hunting than I have. Awesome.

Guy

More of a factory actually and I just handled the dog. I’m a terrible shot with a scatter gun.

As you know, you are a blessed man. Looks like fun! Will post a pic of some of the country where I was hunting as a kid. Again, glad you could go, especially with your son, and that one is left to go after next time. :) CL

Back