degraded powder

For the last 10 years in a cabinet in a. Ed room closet! Cool and dry!
The old one is in a cabinet in the garage! It’s from the 80s/90s, about 6-7 lbs. checked today, smell, liked under magnifying glass,
I think it’s fine.
I did not mix the cans of old and “fresh”
Oops maybe you meant this for TackDriver

I stumbled into this article a few days ago .a couple of the links don't work , but there is a little info .

Powders will keep for a very long time in a controlled environment. I have IMR 4350 and 4064 from the mid eighties. I loaded some of the 4350 a couple of years ago with 180 BT's and they shot a little over 3,000 fps and cloverleafed. The new Enduron may be different but so far the ones that I have are fine stored in a cool, dry, basement. Just my experience. Primers were some old CCI 250's from the same era. The only reason I tried them was I was fireforming new brass in a 300 WM new Kreiger barrel and I did not want to waste my AB's and my H1000.

"not looking good for the enduron powders"

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I read not too long ago IMR was discontinuing those Enduron powder because they were deteriorating on a fairly fast basis. IIRC, it was the entire line of those powders.
Paul B.
Edited to add. I got this off the Shooter's Forun via google.

"
J"ust got this from Powder Valley:

Hodgdon Powder has announced the discontinuation of their IMR Enduron product line. Those IMR powders are: 4166, 4451, 4955, 7977 and 8133."

PB

I only have one line of Enduron powders left after the 4166 and 7977 went bad, still have the 4451 and 8 pounds of it. I better put them to good use very soon. Been sticking with H4350 ever since. I need to try them in the Creedmoor

I only have one line of Enduron powders left after the 4166 and 7977 went bad, still have the 4451 and 8 pounds of it. I better put them to good use very soon. Been sticking with H4350 ever since. I need to try them in the Creedmoor
Yeah, same here. I bought 8# jug of the 4451 but I did not know about this. I have 6# of the 8133 for my 6.5x300 Weatherby. I wonder if the powder will degrade if it's loaded in ammo?

Wow, after giving Nosler a couple of thousand dollars I get a trophy for making one post on their forum :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Back