Diagnosed with ARFS

I agree with double hearing protection. I also have another thought. I got a bit flinchy out of the blue a few years ago. My dentist found a cracked tooth. Got a crown and flinch seemed to vanish.

I also have a mantra I repeat when shooting the heavy hitters. "I have been kicked into next week by a horse. This ain't nothi

be the ball.jpg

yesterday I warmed up shooting 50 rounds with a 22 and shot it very well. Then without pause moved to dry firing 280 AI, then live rounds. I saw a nice improvement after warming up with a 22 and dry firing. I think if I keep repeating that for a while, I'll get back to how I was. Also doubled up on hearing protection. But I'm ordering custom molded plugs for the future, to in use conjunction with muffs.
Sometimes practice is all one needs. This summer I took 1 month of vacation and worked on a bunch of loads. I can tell you the rounds down the tube the better I shoot. When I have long breaks between range time I’ll take a different rifle to practice with before I shoot the rifle I’m developing the load for.

Back