Did Federal change looks on package / #215 Magnum primers ?

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
Lurking on internet in search of magnum primers, there was none, so went on Gunbroker,,,,insane prices of 300 plus for a brick of Federal 215 plus shipping of 70 bucks,,,did Federal change the looks on the packages of those #215 Magnum primers? Looks like its the regular #215 Magnum and not the Gold Medal Match #215?
ujwEPuR.jpg

I was looking at the CCI 250's there, Christmas special but still close to 200 bucks plus 69 bucks shipping. Wonder if I should wait, and conserve the 300 primers I have left,,,,,

I could never act quick enough when the alerts for magnum primers came in, so I eventually just went with CCI-34’s. So far they’ve performed well in my magnums. Those seem so stay around in stock a little longer.

Yes, far as I know they have the regular 215 mag, and the 215 mag gold medal match.

Same as in the 210 large rifle they have standard 210 and the 210 gold medal match. Among my standard large rifle primers, the only brick of Federal I have are the gold medal match, and they are the red/gold that MichSteve mentioned.

I wouldn't sell mine for $300 because it's not about the money. Some things are more valuable than the money they represent. When it comes to that I'd quicker barter in trade if the need arose to do so.

My Federal 215's look a lot like the picture you posted but with a lighter blue color scheme.

Thanks guys, haven't checked the Federal website which I should have in the first place before posting, the CHAMPION label on it just threw me off.

Back