Did he really say that??!!

ronco

Beginner
Oct 2, 2004
I'm sure the Youth Advocate Program does wonderful things for kids. But in this commercial, this guy says "I committed some crimes and some people were shot, but I'm not a criminal". WTH, the writer, and the leaders of this program could come up with a better writer and/or script. Maybe it's just me, but what's wrong with this picture. I guess crimes are just another part of our "new" society and they are tolerated and accepted. Please watch the YouTube clip and comment.

It is confusing. Admitting what has happened and accepting responsibility is part of becoming a man (or woman). To say someone got shot is not permission to argue one is not a criminal. Perhaps it would have been more meaningful to say that one doesn't have to live in the past, but that having paid for choices from the past that one is making a new life. Granted, this is mixed messaging.

The Bible says that the Antichrist "shall think to change the times and the law." I don't think we have seen him yet, but many people seem determined to roll out the red carpet. We have certainly seen many changes to the times and the laws, all for evil intent. The world is seeking to justify sin by any mutilation of their own thought process necessary. Pardon me if this seems an extreme or religious comment, but I believe it is the truth and when I hear about this sort of thing I feel a need to point out what is right even if it is just to know I said it.

2 Timothy 4:3-5 - "For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry."

Got a 30 Day Facebook ban for saying, “Some folks need killing.”

I believe that. Not that I’m going to go seeking out such folks, and having seen true evil, I just want to be prepared for when I see it again.

Vince

I'm thinking this is the type of person that will get shot by a private citizen or LEO. Then the media will show a woman crying and saying he was a good boy and never did anything wrong. Then you check the persons back ground and they'll have a rap sheet longer than your arm. My wife worked in the prison system and she watched this commercial and she said she would see this all the time. Admit to nothing deny everything

It seems as if every fool that got shot during the commission of a crime was "just about to turn his life around." Families appear to ignore the crimes their family member commit until things go south and the ultimate cost is at last demanded. Then, they let the news cameras know that they are fauxfended because this poor soul was just about to turn his life around. He was going to get a diploma because he was thinking about going back to school. He had completed the eighth grade and only needed to start again. Yada, yada, yada.

More bad guys need to be shot dead.

Reduces recidivism I believe.
and those not shot need to spend more time in jail for their crimes. Slap on the wrist sentences and low or no bail does not help get them off the street and keep them off !! However, Guy makes a good point as his way eliminates the cost of feeding them.

Oh and before I go, the next time your wife gives you a bit of a bad time, remember it could be worse, you could be married to Amber !

Don't mean to rant but most of this problem is the parent buying the child a gun to pacify him or her and Sandy Hook was a good example of it.
The parent who doesn't want to raise their child responsibly and teach it the difference between right and wrong is why we have the problem.
It's not only guns but other things such as motor-powered toys like dirt bikes and ATVs just to get them out of the house so they don't have to raise the child. Majority of these people don't own a place where the children can ride them, so they end up on the streets terrorizing their neighbors and disturbing the peace plus breaking the law and contributing to the delinquency of a miner.
The children are trying to get their parents attention but are doing it the wrong way.
A good old fasion public hanging would go a long way to help solve the problem when someone goes on the rampage and shoots up a school, church or shopping mall.

I think public school has also become a way for parents to not need to raise their kids. I'm not sitting around judging everybody for sending their kid to a public school, but we have to start realizing that we are asking a corrupt institution to raise our children. I heard a story that a girl at school was asked to read something out loud to her whole class that she was mortified to even have to read, then when the girl's mom tried to make a point to the school board about what they were having children read, the mom attempted to read the same thing to the board and they wouldn't let her finish saying, "Let's have some decorum." Apparently it's OK for the kids, but not for the adults of the school board!!! :mad:

Add disgusting behavior like that to the fact that more children are killed in school shootings than Police officers in the line of duty! It is time to wake up! We need to stop sending our kids to these schools. I know it isn't easy for many people to teach their kids at home, but it wasn't easy for my parents when they did it either. That's parenting for you. If we really care about our kids, we will stop sending them to public school. It is not what it was 60 years ago.

For those who live in states that cannot home school, all I can say is that they have given up one of their most important freedoms. The Nazis went after the youth and conformed them to corruption, and so is America.

Back