Did ya ever....?

375hh1973

Beginner
Mar 31, 2007
....bring the wrong gun to the range?

Its been hot here so I figured I would get my range time in early today. Want to sight in my Winchester Extreme Weather 7wsm after switching scopes.

Grabbed my 7wsm, ammo, shooting bag, sand bags, targets, etc. Tossed in an O/U 12 ga just in case I decided to shoot some skeet or 5 stand.

McDonalds on the way for a large coke and a couple of breakfast burritos.

Check in, set target, wait for all clear. Set up ammo on bench. Sand bags. Open rifle case and there sits my .257wby Accuguard.

Guess thats what I get for having multiple stainless/synthetic rifles that all look alike!!!

Anyways, I broke a 24 and a 25 on skeet so it wasnt a total loss.

Left a nice clean rifle target for someone to use as well

Yep. Have a 223 REM and a 22-250 that you have to look at really close..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Forgot which one was in which rifle case, didn’t double check before I left. At least you were smart enough to bring a backup plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, yeah, that has been my experience on more than a few occasions. Blame the breakfast burritos. Always good to have a valid excuse for the oversight.

I haven't done that yet :shock:. Mine is always ammo, I do up a load and then decide to take out a couple of other rifles as well, when I get to the range I set up my rifles and ammo in order that I want to shoot only to find that I have the rifles and forget the second milk crate with the ammo :roll:.

Blessings,
Dan

Yeah but most of the time it was the wrong ammo. Tried going hunting without ammo. Didn't get any shots but didn't have to skin anything either, lol. Dan.

Back