DMPS

onesonek

Handloader
Apr 4, 2008
Just trying to figure out a starting point in general with this new rifle. DMPS doesn't recommend reloading, so the search is on for more than load manual data for the .223 for this Lo-Pro.
For those playing with reloading in it or other, my question is of pressure. How much pressure do you all recommend for best operation? I see various reports online, but nothing that really answers that in a definative way. I see anywhere from 50 - 60 psi., and then some that is well under 50K. Speed is not the concern. Like any other firearm, I know each can have their idiosyncrasies, but darn, there seems to be no general consensus to base on. Or I'm missing it somewhere? Gas guns are something I'm not familiar with. I have 4 powders on hand that would work, and plan on giving all a try, but with other's I know the limitations pretty much before I start. I just feel a little naked, not knowing what pressure they like.

Both Hornady and Nosler now list data for 'service rifles'. Given that you're trying to find a sweet spot on operating pressure and bullet performance, I'd start with the manual data before branching out to try others.

I loaded my DPMS within the limits listed in the Nolser book and had no issues with it or my current rifle. In fact I had really good results with Xterminator powder getting good velocity and good accuracy. Killed a coyote with that rifle combo.

Corey

H335 works very well in mine with 55 gr bullets so far.

Back