Dog Killed

I think I’d implement an unload your gun policy.

Anyone talking a low shot has to unload. They are done. They can walk behind the shooters , unloaded.

No warnings.

I liked the three second rule.

Condolences to the guide.

Sorry for being harsh.

I know a guide who lost his dog.. same way. I was his next client. He was in misery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan,
I knew you lived in Canada but had no idea you were in
" Labrador City".........lol
I had a beautiful male at our Lodge in New Zealand He was trained for hunting the huge Paradise Ducks they have there on the south isle, and of course the Geese. He was one Of my, all time favourites!

This is season five for me. Over the years I've sent one or two guys a year from the field. The message has always been you're going to kill someone, you're done.
Once had a guy spin around and call me anA.H. "safety is on". After telling him to watch his muzzle. I took his gun, unloaded it and threw it in the brush. Probably not my smartest move.
I'm off to guide this morning, good group of guys, guided them several times. Took one of them yesterday afternoon to try and photo some elk. He commented how surprised he was, thought I was permanently grumpy. Nope I said, I don't have three guys in front of me trying to kill each other, my dogs or me.

35 Whelen":38khh2hg said:
Dan,
I knew you lived in Canada but had no idea you were in
" Labrador City".........lol
I had a beautiful male at our Lodge in New Zealand He was trained for hunting the huge Paradise Ducks they have there on the south isle, and of course the Geese. He was one Of my, all time favourites!

Good one, Earle!

Very experienced group, they will be running their dogs as well. They get it. I'm always watching, things can happen, but I'm optimistic we'll have a good day.

To bad about the Dog, I never have seen a Dog shot in the field but have been on Corporate hunts that got a little to sporting for me and I walked off the field to the truck.
I also believe Hunter Orange should be Mandatory when hunting and I have hunted many a Standing crop of Corn with people who had orange vests on but not on there head, wear a orange hat, if you want to be seen.
I always liked my GSP because he had a lot of white in his coloring and felt the ones that are all brown could use some Hunter orange on them also.

Back