down to 2 scope choices

hunter1276

Beginner
Jan 24, 2012
Leatherwood & Osprey any ideas on these brands read alot of reviews and seem well but here it from you all would help

Neither scope is in the mainstream of optics use or availability. What criteria did you apply to narrow to these two scope choices?

Two more Chinese scopes to muddy the optics waters.

These may offer some unique features but I think in the end you would be much happier with a different choice.

I only have one scope in my house from Asia and it is because my son insisted to have this one particular model. It is a Bushnell elite 2.5 -10 x 50 30 mm tube with illuminated reticle.

hunter1276

Never heard of either one.
It would help to know what you are going to use the scope for and what it will be mounted on.

I would suggest sticking with a name brand scope.

JD338

usmc 89":2vtg5af6 said:
save your money if those are your options.

Word!

Seriously though... don't pay for a bunch of garbage bells and whistles... pay for what matters. If you're looking for a "cheap" scope with turrets, the only two I've ever had any luck with are the Bushnell 3200 fixed 10x with the Mil-Dot (if you look around they can be found for under $200, and they make a Mil/Mil version too) and the Weaver 44/40 4-12x44 ($150-$175)... but I've also had one of each that failed rather quickly.

If you want cheap look at midwayusa.com and look at the Nikon they have on there. It's a 6-18 that seems like it would be a decent scope. Definately better than what you have selected. Your still better off spending a little more money and doing it right the first time though.

Cheap scopes are never cheap in the long run. Not sure if that makes sense, but by the time you get something that fails or doesn't adjust properly, you will be in it for about the same as what you would have gotten had you saved a little more.

Back