Reliable scopes for carbines?

Oh yes. The guy is a mess for sure. Some very anti-social people there for sure. That said, he knows his optics and that $2k Leupy was bad!. And yes him and I went rounds and rounds before. LOL
Yes Little Twig makes the 'Fire a lesser place. There are others too that I simply have ignored and couldn't be happier.

A lot of good knowledge in that collective, if you can get past the playground bully bs.

Fotis, I heard that Andy Larsson of Skinner sights has released a 2-7x36 optic for around $150 bucks. Definitely worth a try at that price.
I have been lucky with Leupold but then again I only have one of their scopes that isn't a "set and forget" rig.

The only Marlin I have has an old allsteel Weaver K3 with post and crosshair reticle. Works just fune. Only one rifle has a 2x7 and that's my 7x57 M70 Featherweight. Most of my scoped rifle have 3x9s of one make or another Dunno why I put up with the weight. Seems like every time I've taken a shot at an animal the darn scope was set on 3X. I probably could pull all those scopes off and replace them with 3 or 4X scopes and be just fine. Seems like the only time I've use 9X was when shooting at the range.
Paul B.

I have been in touch with Maven optics begging for a 2x7x33. We'll see 😉

I have been in touch with Maven optics begging for a 2x7x33. We'll see 😉
That Maven you showed me sure had some nice glass in it! I hope they come out with an illuminated reticle. A 2x7-33mm would be a good one.

JD338

I have it on my 240 Weatherby Badlands Mk v and my 6.5 RPM titanium Mark 5.

6.5 and 240

Attachments

• Resized_20220827_115853_optimized.jpg
    Resized_20220827_115853_optimized.jpg
    928.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20200717_153034_optimized.jpg
    20200717_153034_optimized.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
What about a 1-6 power LPVO like a Vortex PST or Razor? The illuminated dot makes them like a red dot on 1 power. Dialable and repeatable. Except 30mm not 1 inch. I pulled the Razor off of an AR and put it on the 45-70 for a woods hunt a few years ago and liked it.
Have you been happy with that scope? I keep thinking a 1x6 would be about right for my Whelen. Eyes are not good enough to use peeps any more.

Have you been happy with that scope? I keep thinking a 1x6 would be about right for my Whelen. Eyes are not good enough to use peeps any more.
I have been very happy with it on my AR and it worked well in the woods. Clear glass, good light transmission, good eyebox and eye relief. Illuminated dot is daylight bright on 1x, like a medium sized red dot sight. Easy to dial or use reticle for longer shots.

Back